The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Spin off: What are you writing?

I have my YA sequel on the back burner, my romance, probably DOA though...also simmering on cold...

The murder mystery went bust before the blocks...but my muse is still around and kicking.. so not all is lost.

now I am hammering out a ....I suppose it would fall under chick-lit...a bit romance, a lot of inner conflict, but light...

Doing good so far...surprisingly, even though I have actually go and research stuff a little (ok, asking people on forums, what they think it was...not even going to Wiki myself, I know... lazy!)

I should be writing:
    a letter to a school alumni, maybe weasel an original free composition out of the fellow for the band....

proposals of various kinds to squeeze blood out of turnips, I mean secure donations for my charitable objects...

A to-do list, so when my brain blacks out, I can fall back on that....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

I am supposed to be working on a new dissertation proposal.

I like writing fan fic, particularly slash fic. I do that for kicks. I have some Caprica, Sentinel, Stargate Atlantis, and General Hospital fic in my repertoire.

I have two romances as WIPs. One is slash and one is straight. The slash one is quite far advanced, but lacks decent conflict. The straight one is just a fragment.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Funny you should ask, I just started a book last week. It's a murder mystery, cozy variety. This one will be tiitle #17 in my Melanie Travis dog mystery series. I have 30 pages so far, and a decent idea of what's happening next--always a plus.

I'm working on the sequel to "Strange Roads" (see link in my sig file), also kicking around a couple short stories for a couple anthologies (I need to get my butt in gear on both of them...) I also have yet again dug up my ice-dance cozy mystery, though the problem I always have with mysteries is I end up not caring hugely who did it. Though I guess in cozies the atmosphere and recurring characters are the point anyway. (I can't honestly remember a single murder victim from the Mrs Murphy books, but I sure remember Mrs Murphy and Tee Tucker. Heck, I named my corgi after her.)

Mindless off the cuff posts on COTH...?

6 members found this post helpful.

Documentation for a software system and Christianity for dummies..

1 members found this post helpful.

Tinkering with the first scene of the next Mustang Ridge book. Looking forward to taking some shots at the BLM and featuring an extreme mustang makeover in this one

Happy writing, all, and LOL to danceronice's take on whodunits. I've had more than a few of those whocareswhodunit moments, both in reading and in writing!
    Horsey romances written by a horsey person
    www.JesseHayworth.com

Not much right now. Of course, that's because I actually expect to get PAID for it, and there are WAY too many people willing to take the crap wages on things like ODesk and WAY too many clients willing to use those writers, regardless of their actual skill. They're pricing the actual professionals right out of the market.

I do write and edit for the website I co-own, two columns and some other stuff every week plus my duties as Managing Editor, but unfortunately that's about it. I had a large magazine project in November/December.

I'd like to write a novel, but I'm just not that good at fiction writing. I've dabbled in things like fan fiction, but never posted it online or anything like that.

Such talented people here! I'm impressed. I'm lucky if I can write a check on time! Truthfully, I've always wanted to write. I just never sat down to start. I guess that's the hardest part! Loved my writing classes in school, but that was many years ago.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Go for it, Paradox. Post your fanfic too, HenryisBlaisin'! I wrote my first fanfic when I was in my early teens (Original Battlestar Galactica) on a typewriter! No internet back then, but I shared it with a couple of good friends!

Paula

Nothing interesting enough to write about now - I freelance to local papers when there is something happening to commemorate some historical event but generally stick to railroading and old transportation.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

I use my "Girl Genius" fan fic ("On Her Undying Majesty's Secret Service" and the in-progress sequel "The Clank With the Golden Gun") to advertise my pro fic...fan fic's fun! Fanfiction.net's easy to post on, too.

sk_pacer--Old transportation? Sounds right up my alley. I'm more into old ships (especially lake boats, given where I live and that I'm being stalked by a freighter) but old railroads are cool. Are any of your articles on-line?

danceronice - no, there is nothing left online as the small papers just are not online and the weekly purges stuff frequently. I love the steam era and am contemplating a day trip this summer to a local shortline with a steam train, take the trip and try an article on that.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post
    Go for it, Paradox. Post your fanfic too, HenryisBlaisin'! I wrote my first fanfic when I was in my early teens (Original Battlestar Galactica) on a typewriter! No internet back then, but I shared it with a couple of good friends!

Paula
    roflmao, lady you are such a nerd!

(awesome)

Y'all are motivating!

I'm working on something, but it's kind of falling flat. My characters go back in time and I really need to do some Civil War research before I can get them there, it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryisBlaisin' View Post
    I'd like to write a novel, but I'm just not that good at fiction writing. I've dabbled in things like fan fiction, but never posted it online or anything like that.

Banish that thought!
    Write it already.

Should it be crap - and it won't - you can still throw it out.
    The 'one day I will right a book' moment is here!

says the lady who can't spell her name half the time....
    chop chop, time's a wasted!

I tried writing several things and gave up. My brain works faster than my fingers. I'm happy to lend a hand with characters or edits, though
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerJumper View Post
    I tried writing several things and gave up. My brain works faster than my fingers. I'm happy to lend a hand with characters or edits, though
    Dragon - Speech recognition.

know the feeling....

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    roflmao, lady you are such a nerd!

(awesome)
    Absolutement! Je suis dork!

Paula

Nothing fiction - all nonfiction for me! Working on articles for EQUUS and Trail Blazer, and I am working on the text for an equine behavior class I'll be teaching.

Eventually, I'll get back to my books - I have the first draft of one that's a collection of horse stories, have much of the research done for another one on a semi-famous Missouri horsewoman and need to finish the outline for an equine behavior book. (Yes, I cannot do just one thing at a time!).
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com