The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Connor Michael Rutledge Obituary

This is Connors Obituary and info on times and services. This is a personal request from me Colleens husband if you are a fan or friend of Colleens and you live in the Maryland/Virginia/Pa area if you can try to come and give Colleen support I know she would appreciate it. Colleen has no family other than her immediate family in this area they all live in Texas and it would mean a lot to her (and me) if she got support from her friends and fans. Thanks. Anyway here it is.

Master Connor Michael Rutledge, 8-year-old son of Brian and Colleen Rutledge of Frederick, died unexpectedly Sunday, February 3, 2013 at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

He was born on December 30, 2004.

Connor was a first grader at Rock Creek School. He loved going to school, riding his tricycle and watching Sponge Bob. Connor loved anything with lights and sounds, and he especially liked the color red. His favorite toy was a light up aquarium. He loved playing with his brother and sisters.

Connor had an absolutely infectious laugh, and he had the ability to light up a room with his charm. Connor gave the gift of life by being an organ donor through the Living Legacy Foundation.

In addition to his parents, Connor is survived by his brother, Matthew; his sisters, Cassandra and Ciana; his maternal grandparents, Coy and Sallie Morris; paternal grandmother, Patricia Free and husband, Monte; paternal grandfather, William Rutledge and wife, Susan; his great-grandmother, Jane Wilhite; an aunt, Sabrina Morris; two uncles, Jeff Rutledge and wife, Jen, and Martin Rutledge and longtime girlfriend, Julie Layman; and numerous cousins.

Connor also will be fondly remembered by his special caretakers, Paula Zentmyer and Lisa Perez.

The family will receive friends from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, February 7, 2013 at Stauffer Funeral Homes, P.A., 1621 Opossumtown Pike, Frederick.

A service of remembrance for Connor will begin at 10 a.m. on Friday, February 8, 2013 from the funeral home chapel. Officiating will be the Rev. Scott Clawson.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Connor's name to Rock Creek School, 191 Waverley Drive, Frederick, MD 21702.

Expressions of sympathy may be shared with the family at www.staufferfuneralhome.com.

2 members found this post helpful.

I hope the eventing community in the area can support the family at this time. My most sincere condolences on your loss.

1 members found this post helpful.

God speed Connor... May your rest peacefully....
    Condolences
    Mai Tai aka Tyler RIP March 1994-December 2011
    Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson
    "And here she comes. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ZENYATTA!"

I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your beautiful son.

I don't even live anywhere near by and I wish I could come. My heart goes out to you, Colleen, and all of Connor's friends and family!!

My heart goes out to you Brian and Colleen and your family. I wish I was close enough to attend the services but I will be with you in spirit.

cf