The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bucket List

Do you have one? What is on it? Having realized that my time is shorter than I thought, I got to thinking last week about what I think I want or need to do/have/see before it is all over. Without being maudlin, what are your bucket list things?

Mine is very short-
    I'd like to do some traveling to Ireland and Scotland, and also Austria and Germany. Possibly Greece or Italy as well.

I'd like to take my 17yo son somewhere he can interact with dolphins in a real environment and get a taste of what it is like to be a Marine Biologist working with them. Not just a quick dolphin adventures type thing at seaworld if you know what I mean.

I'd like to see my 14yo DD have one really good show year again either in the Children's Jumpers or equitation ring. Or maybe the hunters, I always thought she would have fun doing the 3' hunter prix at HITS since that is in our back yard. We've been offered a free lease on a fantastic horse for the year, but paying the board and lessons means we won't be able to afford to show so it won't be this year at any rate.

I'd like to spend a little more time with my family, all on the west coast.

That's it. Very short list for me. I feel like I've been very blessed for the last 19 years of my marriage and there isn't a lot that I "long" for.

What about you? What am I forgetting on my list and what is on yours? Do you have the desire to bungie jump off a tall bridge? Skydive? Climb Everest? Let's hear them!
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

I lied, there is one more thing on mine - I'd like to learn to ride aside and see DD learn to ride aside.

I would love to go dog sledding. I have read some memoirs by mushers and have gone to a sled dog race and it just fascinates me. It is doable--some folks in NH offer sled dog tours-- but I just don't seem to ever get to it.
    "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain" ~Friedrich Schiller

That does sound fun! I had huskies early in my marriage and just loved their endless drive to run. We had them pull a wagon more than once to move stuff and they were so happy to do it. I've never tried dog sledding though. We lived in NC at the time so no snow. Good luck with that one, do report back if you get to try it!!!