The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile Thank you COTHers

I just wanted to chime in here and say thanks to the kind COTHers that felt my pain over the Christmas season and responded with kindness and empathy over my plight. Several of you sent me funds, which were very much appeciated. One COTHer in particular sent kitty food and dog food in abundance so that I didn't have to worry about the little critters. I especially want to thank those of you who sent encouraging messages. Truly, those were like gold.

I managed through the end of December, struggled still for awhile in January, but sold enough on EBay that I actually ended January in the black with $20 cash on hand and enough feed and hay for the horses and other critters to see me through this month.

I applied for, and was approved, the reverse mortgage, even though I had to pay a judgment against my ex that was placed on the property after our divorce. (I think I can fight that)

And, I just started a job. It's only part time, working at a gas station/convenience store just 5 miles from home, but will pay more than enough to cover all the horse and critter expenses each month.

I have applied for and gotten a grant to finish my AA degree in Medical Office practices, which I can pursue even with the job. And I plan to put the farm on the market in the spring.

Again, my most heartfelt thanks. This is a wonderful community to belong to.
    "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you..."

12 members found this post helpful.

So glad to hear things have turned around! Its amazing what we can do when we band together.

If work is only 5 miles up the road, can you get a bike? FL is flat and gas just went up again. It could save you a good chunk of change just riding a bike on days you do not have to run errands after your shift.

1 members found this post helpful.

This is wonderful to hear.

I hope life continues to improve every day.
    OLD FRIENDS FARM-Equine Retirement-We LOVE Seniors!! Spoiling Retirees since 1998
    http://www.angelfire.com/oldfriendsfarm/home.html
    Charter Member of UYA!

Great news! So glad you chimed back in.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Congratulations on the job and the grant!

Sounds like things are looking better for you with the reverse mortgage and everything. I'm so glad for you

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Thanks for the update, it is quite amazing when the light reappears at the end of the tunnel, for sure!
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Great work, OP. We warmbloods keep telling people that a little help will sometimes get a person through a crisis.

Watch that reverse mtg. though. Try selling your place before you use up all the value with a reverse mtg.

Things are looking up! Thanks for the update, it's nice to see things moving in a positive direction.
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the update and Congrats!! on the job and the grant. Sounds like you are moving forward. Glad we could be of help.
    Railgirl.blogspot.com