The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Not that you read anything except the posts that support your BUSINESS. I post exactly what my problem is, I am a straight shooter and your constant advertising for carriage horses does not belong on a public BB.

But gee, maybe I should post about how COTH members who might be having problems operating their businesses might want to PM me, I can get a contract to you and help you out with operations. I can help you with compliance issues with regulators. Just e-mail me....or post and tell me how I might be able to help your business with regulations.
    Oh, and two more things -- 1) I have no idea what the second half of your post means and 2) how do you know what posts I read here?
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    can you get NYCLASS off her back?

They have regulations.
    A lot of them....
    Sorry for being thick, Ala, but can you explain to me what the latter half of her post even means? I read it three times, and still do not understand....

And thank you for passing the info on to your Buffalo bud

Quote Originally Posted by michaleenflynn View Post
    Sorry for being thick, Ala, but can you explain to me what the latter half of her post even means? I read it three times, and still do not understand....

And thank you for passing the info on to your Buffalo bud
    She wants to give you regulations... I think....not entirely sure, but I think she was offering business advice, the things she can do for you...

Sooo, can she rope and hogtie our Lisbet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by michaleenflynn View Post
    Ah, I see - so I assume you also register your outrage every time a stable owner posts about a situation with a boarder, or with local laws, etc, since it is their business? Or people who lease their horses? I don't know, since I don't stalk you all over the board to see what you are posting. I also did not know this board was only for people for whom horses are a hobby. I guess if one of the top celeb equestrians - who make quite a bit of money from their horses, way more than I do - I guess if they posted, you would tell them the same?
    Your "job" is to promote the carriage horse industry which is what you do on this board. You cannot compare yourself with a BO when you request that COTH members advocate for your business. If a barn owner posted that they wanted COTH members to write to government representatives in favor of their business, I would have a problem. I have no problem with COTH members voicing their opinions on the carriage industry, but you are "VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC" and your "opinion " is tainted by your job. You come on this public BB to promote your business, not to speak of interactions you have had, you actively solicit COTH members to advocate for your business, the carriage industry.

Futhermore you do not provide anything but ridicule to anyone with an opposing view point. It is a "gang mentality" on this public board that you promote. I have no respect for you and if the carriage industry needs to operate on such terms to survive , then the carriage industry deserves the public perception of being hostile to horses. You and your inability to handle criticism of your industry is a telling indicator of the level of insecurity you have of the business you promote.

4 members found this post helpful.

Your "job" is to promote the carriage horse industry which is what you do on this board. You cannot compare yourself with a BO when you request that COTH members advocate for your business. If a barn owner posted that they wanted COTH members to write to government representatives in favor of their business, I would have a problem. I have no problem with COTH members voicing their opinions on the carriage industry, but you are "VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC" and your "opinion " is tainted by your job. You come on this public BB to promote your business, not to speak of interactions you have had, you actively solicit COTH members to advocate for your business, the carriage industry.

Futhermore you do not provide anything but ridicule to anyone with an opposing view point. It is a "gang mentality" on this public board that you promote. I have no respect for you and if the carriage industry needs to operate on such terms to survive , then the carriage industry deserves the public perception of being hostile to horses. You and your inability to handle criticism of your industry is a telling indicator of the level of insecurity you have of the business you promote.
    cage the fruit bat, step away from the box wine!

Seriously!
    What is wrong with you?

Even I get the wording of the bill they are up against.

One has to be numb or stoned to sweep that under the rug!
    Newsflash: This WILL come back to bite you if you don't fight it!
    It is called precedence. Beats smart laws any day.

And there are things you do with your horse somebody does not agree with.

BTW, there are trainers here, as well as barn owners. Some breeders.
    There are a lot of people on COTH actively promoting their business.

And by all means. You stalking her is not putting her in a bad light.
    How about this: put her on your ignore list. You don't have to read a thing she says and we don't have to laugh at you when you don't stalk her anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    cage the fruit bat, step away from the box wine!

Seriously!
    What is wrong with you?

Even I get the wording of the bill they are up against.

One has to be numb or stoned to sweep that under the rug!
    Newsflash: This WILL come back to bite you if you don't fight it!
    It is called precedence. Beats smart laws any day.

And there are things you do with your horse somebody does not agree with.

BTW, there are trainers here, as well as barn owners. Some breeders.
    There are a lot of people on COTH actively promoting their business.

And by all means. You stalking her is not putting her in a bad light.
    How about this: put her on your ignore list. You don't have to read a thing she says and we don't have to laugh at you when you don't stalk her anymore.
    Wow, I rest my case about the gang mentality and ridicule on this board when it comes to the carriage horse industry. Amazing that there is only one opinion and the rest need to "ignore the issue" .

1 members found this post helpful.

So SV would you be "happier" if the requests for support were done by those of us not in the business ?

I think your interpretation is wrong. I would wager if the HSUS woke up tomorrow and decided to go to war on horse breeders. Oh wait nvm. When it reaches such a point that bills regulating or banning such practices come to fruition do you not think that EVERY breeder on our sport horse breeding forum will be there rallying to negate that indoctrination of idiocy?

By the way SV you don't come across as creditable in your complaints when you make it your personal vendetta to make stupid remarks EVERY time Eva posts about ANY subject . You might want to tone that back .. be more selective perhaps it will give your complaining more weight.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    So SV would you be "happier" if the requests for support were done by those of us not in the business ?

I think your interpretation is wrong. I would wager if the HSUS woke up tomorrow and decided to go to war on horse breeders. Oh wait nvm. When it reaches such a point that bills regulating or banning such practices come to fruition do you not think that EVERY breeder on our sport horse breeding forum will be there rallying to negate that indoctrination of idiocy?

By the way SV you don't come across as creditable in your complaints when you make it your personal vendetta to make stupid remarks EVERY time Eva posts about ANY subject . You might want to tone that back .. be more selective perhaps it will give your complaining more weight.
    Wow, more ridicule and disparaging of a poster who dares to question the promoter of the carriage horse industry. Must be nice to have a public BB with your own minions. Makes me question an industry even more when other opinions are met with such hostility. The carriage industry seems to rely on ridicule of the opposition, I guess the facts would never support their position since they are not used to promote their industry, just ridicule of anyone who questions their business.

Your reading comprehension is lacking. SV would you be happier if the requests for help came from persons outside the industry ?

Perhaps I am giving you to much credit .. is E.Forel a childhood buddy , perhaps paying you , or are you simply just that miserable ?

6 members found this post helpful.

Legitimate businesses operates under the glare of lights and questions. Clearly the NYC Carriage Horse Industry does not operate under any questions and prefers that people not question their business and follow lock step with the VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC in their support of the business.

Seems that there is much to hide and quite frankly, these pro carriage horse industry posts tell me many things about an insecure industry that deserves the public hostility.

Wow, I rest my case about the gang mentality and ridicule on this board when it comes to the carriage horse industry. Amazing that there is only one opinion and the rest need to "ignore the issue" .
    This vendetta you appear to have is petty and ridiculous, "Stolen Virtue" (apprpriate name as clearly, you have none).

If you have a problem with a horse pro posting about an issue that potentially has ripple effects for ALL horse owners, that is your personal problem. You can always try bringing that problem to a board administrator. (Good luck!) But to pop up on every thread in which Michaeleen Flynn appears and whine about a clear non-issue, well, you are just BEGGING for ridicule. It's called "just consequences" for one's actions.

The overwhelming balance of commenters, myself included, greatly appreciate the heads-up and are delighted to have the opportunity to defend against a spiteful, unwarranted, and intrusive attack on a legitimate and legal equine activity that has an extensive number of benefits for horses and humans, and no significant down side. Fail to defend against this, let the carriage horses of NYC be driven out, and who's next? It'll only be a matter of time before they get to YOU.

Thanks, but I will take PRINCIPLE over PETTINESS any day. And the prinicple here is defending the rights of all horse owners everywhere to engage in legal enterprise with their animals AND to be safe from unlawful seizure of private property.

It's nobody's fault but your own if you cannot see that huge forest through the feeble and petty trees of your own planting.

11 members found this post helpful.

Legitimate businesses operates under the glare of lights and questions. Clearly the NYC Carriage Horse Industry does not operate under any questions and prefers that people not question their business and follow lock step with the VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC in their support of the business.

Seems that there is much to hide and quite frankly, these pro carriage horse industry posts tell me many things about an insecure industry that deserves the public hostility.
    So wait http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/581...4531290826.jpg ??

No really where have you "questioned" their business practices ? The only question you have brought up is that you think she is advertising by asking for help. When that was rebuked ( she is not promoting business or soliciting or offering rides) your defense is the frail "don't gang up on me".

I think you have some personal deep seated issues that go far beyond carriage horses and their VP. Maybe a nice peaceful carriage ride through Central Park would allow you some time to relax and release that inner turmoil.

Ok, that is just rank idiocy. You name me a SINGLE equine business that is more closely regulated than the horse and carriages of NYC. Just ONE that takes place in even HALF the "glare of lights and questions" as this one, which operates right out in public in arguably THE biggest spotlight in the world.

You won't, because you can't.

Your above statement is patently ridiculous and completely unfounded. And I think it is high time a complaint was lodged against YOU with those responsible for the moderation of this board. Consider it done.

8 members found this post helpful.

That is total garbage, and thanks to COTH archives, anybody can look up the HOURS I have spent fielding questions, providing info and proof, inviting people to come see for themselves, etc.

BTW, just HOW does one "hide" on 59th St in NYC? We are an open book.

What is it that I can help you with?

I understand how you feel and have been turned off by the OP's attitude/tone towards others on here with different opinions at times. However I do understand the sense of exasperation/desperation that being unfairly attacked by non horsey critics, that threaten not only your livelyhood, but the well being of horses, would make someone react that way.
    If you try not to let the tone/attitude of the messenger get to you, and instead realize that voting against the bill is truly much better for the horses, and the horse industry in general, then maybe that would make it easier to swallow.

7 members found this post helpful.

Now on this...I disagree with you. They have actually been excruciatingly open. They get inspected regularly, they conduct business on city streets with thousands of witnesses, many dying for a chance to show some infraction, or even make one up (a horse's chestnuts are "Cancerous tumors!" OMG, They're working a horse with cancerous tumors on his legs! A horse resting a hind hoof is apparently "Crippled"). They have invited people to tour the horse's stables. They are VERY open.

9 members found this post helpful.

Not that you read anything except the posts that support your BUSINESS. I post exactly what my problem is, I am a straight shooter and your constant advertising for carriage horses does not belong on a public BB.

But gee, maybe I should post about how COTH members who might be having problems operating their businesses might want to PM me, I can get a contract to you and help you out with operations. I can help you with compliance issues with regulators. Just e-mail me....or post and tell me how I might be able to help your business with regulations.
    That is the most absurd post I have seen yet trying to derail a legitimate thread about something that clearly affects all that have horses.

Just ignore the troll, don't give her any attention and let's get back to this topic.

This bill would have long term ramifications if passed, it is basically allowing the state to seize healthy and well cared for horses because SOME people don't like the fact that they have to work for a living and should be frolicking in green pastures and NEVER have to work a single day for the rest of their lives and never to be resold (ie: they are currently enslaved and once they have "freedom" they are not to be considered property and should not have to labor for human benefit).

If this passes, it will put hundreds of people out of work: owners, operators, grooms, etc.

Horsepeople need to see the writing on the wall....if NYC passes this, then this is lighting a fire for all of the nutso Animal Rights people. What will they not like next? Horse racing.....eventing.....jumping.....barrel racing....?

The Radical Animal Rights Activists are "testing the water" with this bill because it is easy to get the average New Yorker with no horse knowledge to believe the lies they spread so it is easy to get some "fuel" to their endeavors. If this passes, they will then try for another small industry using this bill as precedence.

As they start eliminating horse activities and seizing horses from owners, they will soon come after your horse too.

Their ultimate goal is not the elimination of the carriage horse industry, they want to "free all enslaved" horses.
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

9 members found this post helpful.

Also, what do you think they mean by this verbiage?

"WILL BE CARED FOR HUMANELY FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE HORSE'S NATURAL LIFE."

Do you think this gives them leeway to euthanize perfectly healthy horses if they cannot find a home or a "sanctuary" to take them?
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

Totally confused by SV's breakdown. I clearly do not read the same way SV does because I do not see any of these posts as advertisements for services. Heck, I am guessing very few of COTH membership live in NYC to take advantage of what the OP does for a living.

SV, just so you know, I live in the heavily regulated state of NY. I am glad people like the OP are out there letting us know what our state is up to this time. I certainly do not have time to keep track of all this stuff. It is helpful when someone lets us all know what they have found out.

Sending emails to my representatives.