The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Jessica Bassett; Otter Lake, MI?

Hi, folks. My instructor, LAZ, and I saw a horse owned by Jessica Bassett from Otter Lake, MI yesterday and I'm having him vetted this afternoon for possible purchase as my new lower level eventing partner. Jessica was very nice, accommodating and seemed like a straight shooter, which we appreciate.

Has anyone had any dealings with Jessica in the past? Or know anyone else who has? Just looking for general feedback b/c the last time I bought a horse from someone I didn't know, I ended up getting burned. As I said, Jessica seems nice and honest, but I just thought I'd check. Send me a PM if you'd prefer b/c I really don't want to smear anyone's name on here.

Thanks!
    "If ever I did not have a horse or dog in my keeping, I should feel I had lost touch with the earth." ~Beryl Markham

I don't know her but if you need any help up in this direction (well, I am probably 3 hours from Otter Lake, but on your way most likely) let me know. I have a stall if you need a place to overnight on the way home or something.
    Click here before you buy.

Thanks so much for the kind offer, DW. I am currently trying to decide if I want to do a turn 'n burn or stay overnight before heading home with the new guy. I'm waiting to see how today's PPE goes before thinking too hard on it b/c it might become a non-issue, but I hope not!

Btw, I guess LAZ contacted your instructor, Erika, to see if she had anything for sale that might suit me. Turns out she didn't, but we figured as long as we were in Michigan...

Thanks again!
    "If ever I did not have a horse or dog in my keeping, I should feel I had lost touch with the earth." ~Beryl Markham

Sent you a PM.

I, too, am interested in a horse being sold by the same lady. She appears to do a great job with the horses she has, any additional information?

Just be aware with Jessica. When a person is a liar and deciever in their personal life, they will be on in their "professional" business. She is in fact a liar and deciever in her personal life. Be aware of the front she may put on.