The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    Boyfriend asked if I wanted to go canoeing in the mountains over Valentine's Weekend. Couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe
    Haha, that's fab!!

Yeah, I was never going to click on a thread about canoeing until I saw how damned active that thread was!!
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

1 members found this post helpful.

Can you imagine if this eventually becomes a universally known alternative - and it all began here on COTH?!?
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

My DSO is now laughing his way through the original thread . Here on Canada's south coast we have http://www.buffalocanoeclub.com/ , an exclusive boating club surrounded by million dollar seasonal "cottages" - I am going to giggle every time I drive by!
    Now regarding the song Pontoon...is the reference to "motorboating" um..... how shall I say thing....a couples activity? Or am I reading way too much into it?
    D.
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by DeeThbd View Post
    My DSO is now laughing his way through the original thread . Here on Canada's south coast we have http://www.buffalocanoeclub.com/ , an exclusive boating club surrounded by million dollar seasonal "cottages" - I am going to giggle every time I drive by!
    Now regarding the song Pontoon...is the reference to "motorboating" um..... how shall I say thing....a couples activity? Or am I reading way too much into it?
    D.
    You are right I heard on a country music award show Little Big Town saying the same thing. Now when I hear canoeing or pontoon, I have to laugh!l

just went back and read the other thread....LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeeThbd View Post
    They claaaaiiiiim they didn't mean it 'that way'. Suuuuure... All I know is that's everyone I know's favorite part of the song
    Quarry Rat

Yes, in fact when I saw the title to this thread I just assumed it was about that kind of canoeing

I will forever think of CoTH when I hear or see "canoe" and kayak less so. Now pontoon is a new idea, lol!
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

COTH has corrupted me and therefore canoeing no longer means canoeing, but it actually means canoeing.

OMG I don't know how I missed that initial thread. Should not have opened that at work, I'm laughing hysterically now and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before my cube is infiltrated to find out what's going on!

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    There's a commercial running now on the radio for a TV show....you hear a male voice say "so, you wanna go canoeing with me?" and the sweet female voice replies "sure!"

I canoein' LOL every time I hear it.
    It's for the movie "Safe Haven". The TV commercial is even better. Josh Duhamel is in a store, and asks Julianne Hough (who's a couple aisles over) "would you like to go canoeing with me?" Then before she can answer, this guy pops up from the aisle between them and pipes up, "Canoeing? I like to go canoeing!"

Here's the trailer. The scene is at 1:23. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj6i_Z1Srsw