The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Has Anyone Tried These?

http://horsebitbank.com/bombers-bits-34.htm

Has anyone tried these bits? The 'happy tongue' variety in particular is sparking my curiosity at the moment, I've never seen any of these before. Wondering how my pony with a very fat tongue would do in one.
    "I think animal testing is a terrible idea, they get all nervous and give silly answers."
    -fry & laurie

Well.. how is his palette? IME (and this is only my E, I'm sure someone else out there has a different experience) the ponies I've either ridden or known have consistently had very flat palettes - and would not have gone well in a "mullen" - even such as that. That also raises the question.. with a fat tongue, is it wide as well? That may not work for your pony because it only relieves the very top of the tongue - not the side. Just my E.

PS: Don't think that's DR legal - no break in the middle.

Oh I don't intend to buy one, I'm just curious to know if anyone else has. Pony's only purpose in life is keeping the big guy happy and gets ridden around bareback in a halter, so show legal doesn't matter. Thank you though
    "I think animal testing is a terrible idea, they get all nervous and give silly answers."
    -fry & laurie

I definitely haven't tried one.. Count me out then! Wonder if anyone else has too, now that you've posted it.. Looks like an interesting bit and I wonder what people's reviews/thoughts on it are.