The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

I have to agree with Lex on this, Eharmony is not what it's cracked up to be. Match and OKC are best options, although I have not tried plenty of fish. I had the exact same profile on Match as I did on OKC and got more responses on OKC than I did with Match. I paid for Match, I will ever get that money back again.

I rearranged my profile, cut more stuff out, and swapped out my main photo and its gangbusters. I have a date on Sunday and 3 on the line. One is much too young, but he's a bit of fun!

I think of eHarmony as being a more religious site too, which makes sense for my coworker as she's religious. But her first date was a home run, so now she's all about it. I'm hesitant to pay for a dating site, but I've been on OkC for a long time and I have nothing to show for it.

It all feels kind of hopeless! But I guess I need to redo everything, find some better photos or have them taken…blah blah blah.

I just came back to this thread after 4 days away...
    I paid for eHarmony...a whole years worth for $300 or something like that...
    I not only didn't get a SINGLE date but I didn't even have a SINGLE CONVERSATION.

I didn't like anyone that eHarmony chose for me. I like to window shop. I don't like to have someone do the shopping for me.

big negative review for them. boooooooo eHarmony!!
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

1 members found this post helpful.

Here is another thought--to the everlasting issue with being too judgey and inability to find anyone worthy...

I've joked--seriously--with my friend's husband about how I should go back to school for an MBA just so that I can meet myself a nice edumicated man.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

1 members found this post helpful.

eponacowgirl is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    I've joked--seriously--with my friend's husband about how I should go back to school for an MBA just so that I can meet myself a nice edumicated man.
    I went to grad school for a couple semesters thinking the same thing... (I needed the coursework, but I hoped it would be an added bonus.)

Notsomuch.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Brick and Mortar Grad school classes are almost entirely women these days. Men just aren't doing the higher education thing and haven't for a while and the ones that are getting MBAs, are doing it online because it's cheaper and less time consuming.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

If you ladies want to find guys in person...the best odds I've found in the past year have been at craft beer fests. Seriously. I went to the Great American Beer Fest in Denver last year and it was loaded with cute guys. I found that most people don't seem to get plastered at these things either, though it happens of course. These things crop up all over, they can make for a fun afternoon anyway, so maybe check some out.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Ironic, because I was in a craft store not to long ago - picking things up for my sister's wedding since it's a big DIY affair - and there were tons of hot 20-30 something women giving me the "Hey there!" look.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!