The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Fixer View Post
    Oh my. I just saw this on my OKC front page, listed under "recent activity". User's handle is hairlover69.

My self-summaryi am looking for a hairy girl...no shaving of your...fun but if not a casual nsa encounter is welcome too. also very willing to service an older wealthy woman, i really need a new car

I died. I've never been so relieved that my "fun" is...well I won't go there.
    Well, "fun" wasn't a reference to your magnificently maintained lady parts but that guy is certainly a 12 on the weird-o-meter and he definitely looks like one of those creepy overly-sexual members that I made reference to earlier. I used to get a lot of interest from the unattractive creepy kinkster girls that seemed to infest OKCupid a few years back and some of the messages they sent were pretty disturbing.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

And yes, pretty much all the ladies here who have looked at my profile are 85-90+ compatible with me....maybe I'm on the wrong team, LOL!
    I've been saying that for ages, but sadly, I still like boys. Dagnabbit!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Adamantane said "regional idiosyncrasies". Shit just got real.
    Not sure what that means. I was talking about people from the Midwest.
    If I knew what I were doing, why would I take lessons?

"Things should be as simple as possible,
    but no simpler." - Einstein

It means that things are getting very serious.

2 members found this post helpful.

Haha, Lex, I know--but the wording was "fun"ny. Humor attempt fail.

I like my kinky like I like my shoes--in the closet. (At least until the first few dates are under our belt and there's some compatibility established!)

I have so enjoyed this thread...
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Traum View Post
    I am RIGHT there with you, epona. And for all the reasons you said. Every now and again, I get the kick and try it again. Nope, same result. And then I kick myself awhile for being so judgy. ugh. I am going to go with we have high standards
    HaHaHa! <snort, gag> YOU?? Judgy? <rofl&l&l!!>

Haha, Lex, I know--but the wording was "fun"ny. Humor attempt fail.

I like my kinky like I like my shoes--in the closet. (At least until the first few dates are under our belt and there's some compatibility established!)

I have so enjoyed this thread...
    I think there's nothing wrong with being kinky as long as you're doing something that isn't overly dangerous and you aren't with someone who is dangerous enough to lose control. Unfortunately, the mindset of many who are into "kinky behaviour" is often such that dangerous activities and unsafe conditions are commonplace because they frequently want to take things to the next level. I've seen more than a few people I've met - socially, mind you - over the last ten years of my adult life end up in a world of hurt when things go too far for the sake of "feeling good" and none of them have recovered their lives, so I now avoid kinksters whenever possible.

Ever since the "50 shades" craze (which I have not read), there are a lot more amateur "kinksters" out there. This does not bode well for the non-kinksters (or the faux kinksters for that matter).

I'm sort of afraid to log on again and see what awaits this time!

I think there's nothing wrong with being kinky as long as you're doing something that isn't overly dangerous ...
    Oh, nevermind. Why out the deluded ones?

Ever since the "50 shades" craze (which I have not read), there are a lot more amateur "kinksters" out there. This does not bode well for the non-kinksters (or the faux kinksters for that matter).

I'm sort of afraid to log on again and see what awaits this time!
    Yeah, I am worried about that too, which is why I look carefully before I bother with messaging anyone who sends me a message or shows interest in me. Though I'm tolerant of kinky behaviour and supportive of the idea of "healthy sexuality", I have not had any social interaction with any self-proclaimed kinkster who had their head screwed on straight. I had a good friend named Yasmine for a few years - a single mom with a daughter - who got into it via online chats and such - I hadn't known she was into it until I had found out later after the fact because we had dropped out of contact when I had entered into a relationship several years ago and didn't have time to spend with her - and it ruined her life. She moved in with a "master" who turned out to be a big-time sex offender who had exploited children - she got a visit at home from the FBI at one point - and now she won't have anything to do with men, including me, which is just sad because I think I was really the only positive influence in her life when we were friends.

Quote Originally Posted by nasalberry View Post
    Oh, nevermind. Why out the deluded ones?
    I saw what you posted before but I have no idea what it was supposed to mean in relation to what I said.

OK here we go...I got myself a google voice number and messaged it to the guy who asked for it. Four more new messages today, 2 were 3 words or less ("hey" and "can I please").

Interestingly (to me) 2 messages so far are from Asian men. Huh. I had an Asian boyfriend in high school (he was my boy/best friend all 4 years, and my boyfriend for maybe 6 months). I have no real "type" other than has to be smart and funny and not completely un-athletic.

I'm not expecting any of this to turn into anything but a huge time suck, but what the heck--it's not show season yet so I have a few extra minutes here and there...

I've always wondered why there are so many Asian people in NC. Is there some historical context for it?

I actually hadn't noticed that--are there? I grew up in PA--we had 3 Asian boys in my HS, and they were all in the same family. I don't think I knew any others back then. College is a blur. My department in grad school at UNC Chapel Hill was not heavily Asian dominated either. Two of my NC State vet school classmates are Asian, and I don't recall many (any?) in the other class years while I was there.

So that is a long winded way to say I don't know what you are talking about, lol.

1 members found this post helpful.

On OKC, I was poking around the profiles in NC because I was looking at yours and there were tons of Asian women coming up as "similar users".

Bizarre. Why the f^ck is that?

My last name is Hahn. It's German as can be--my mom and dad were fresh off the boat (literally) in fact. Spoken, of course, the name sounds like Han and Hon, 2 Asian (Chinese/Korean) surnames.

Once, in grad school, I was introduced to an inebriated frat-looking boy who exclaimed, "You don't look Asian!". That line comes up all the time now for a good laugh, because clearly I don't.

More fun facts: Hahn is German for rooster. My first name is Robyn. I was born in the Chinese year of the Cock (rooster). You'd think I was destined to have some sort of career or hobby with birds...nope.

By "similar" they mean that your profile and whatnot are similar to the users shown. But, the irony about your name is just icing on the cake I suppose. I too have a German last name but it doesn't sound like anything Asian so far as I know.

It's too bad I can't see my "similar" profiles...that would be interesting.

I don't quite get the "similar profile" thing anyway. "If this guy/girl doesn't work out, here's a reasonable facsimile that just might!"

A lot of stuff doesn't make much sense on OKCupid. My match searches were downright frustrating most of the time because I kept being quick-matched to women who were not what I was looking for but who had answered a handful of questions as I did. I can only recall four or five that really did match well with me but they were not close enough in distance to bother pursuing.

A lot of stuff doesn't make much sense on OKCupid.
    Clearly. Honestly I think I could be happy being "alone" forever. I'm not the lonely type. I traveled alone all over the US before I was married--it's great for meeting people and venturing off the beaten path. Even when I was married I was alone a lot since the man was overseas right about 50% of our total time together, and it didn't bother me.

I do have the occasional "pang" (usually when the house is quiet, there's a movie out I'd like to see, a new restaurant opening, etc.), but 90% of the time I'm so busy I don't even really notice... I'm not sure if that's good or bad (likely neither). Since I'm not "out" on the weekends and all my friends are married, my options for meeting anyone are limited to the nonsensical like OKC.