The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default The Following

Anybody else watching Kevin Bacon's new series? I find myself both horrified and mesmerized.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

yes to all three, but I do not like the female lead, the head cop or whatever, she doesnt fit
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

I don't like her either. In fact, I wonder if she is part of the cult. There was something "off" about her when she gave Joe the Poe anthology.

Love it, can't wait to watch the new episode tonight. I don't think the head FBI lady will be a part of the cult, too obvious. But I do agree that something will happen there.

sooooo good and creepy!
    Samantha Werner

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers

LOVE IT!! I was intrigued by the teasers and totally hooked about 15 minutes into the first episode.

About the FBI lady - same actress has been killed twice on Person of Interest! Who knows what this character will do...
    Fox Wood Farm

Love that show too. I DVR it each week.

Ditton the FBI gal... she once played an ADA on Law & Order, then popped up on Person of Interest (my other TV obsession) and now on The Following. Something's hinky with her.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

We are addicted...my husband, my daughter, her boyfriend and myself. It feels a good void while waiting for Dexter to resume.
    It is disturbing and a great physological thriller. Am glad to see Kevin Bacon in the role.
    I agree about the woman agent...I don't trust her. I didn't watch last night, it is recorded, but I am sure she is one not to be trusted!
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

Just watched the first two episodes this weekend and am very impressed! Finding a good looking but extremely twisted serial killer always makes for good TV

I agree that something is up with the female FBI lead but making her part of the cult would be too obvious.

Wasn't the female FBI agent murdered on Law & Order? I seem to remember a car trunk with her in it.

I tried to watch the first episode, but after he found the dogs I couldn't take it any longer and turned it off.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Yes, she was JanM.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

I dont think she is hinky, wrong for the part. Too pretty maybe, not hard enough, something....
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Tried to watch it. Terrible script, terrible writing, too reliant on gore to make their point. It was the episode where they call Kevin in to go to work on the case and they all hate him. It was so badly written, so transparent...borrrring.

Turned it off, watched the second of the Swedish Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, and was reminded that real writing and real acting does still exist. Just not on network TV.

I love it. The first episode was scary (and I almost turned it off after the dogs too JanM), but I love the unexpected things that happen or they find. Bacon does a great job as a broken man trying to fix his past. And the guy who plays Joe is just creepy!

1 members found this post helpful.

ACK! I just watched the DVR of Monday's episode! Holey Moley!

My (18 year old) daughter and I have been watching it since the beginning--we are HUGE fans of "24", and continuously notice parallels between Kevin Bacon's tortured character and our beloved Jack Bauer

Interesting so far! We have been catching up on the entire Dexter series, are down to the FINAL TWO episodes before the new season starts up again; The Following will fill the gap.
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

L, if you have Hulu/Netflix, there are tons of shows like The Following that you can stream to your TV/Computer/Tablet. My mom loves watching stuff like that so I picked out quite a few for her to watch and oddly enough, many of them are UK shows.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!