The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Another "Looking for Board in Lexington KY" Thread!

OK, so I'm looking for places off the beaten path- I *like* backyard barns and that's what I've happily been at for over seven years. Unfortunately, I've been overrun by a power couple - one being a TB trainer, one being an agent for overseas interests buying tons of horses out of the sales to send back home - who think their horses' needs outweigh my horses' needs and they have more money... so guess who loses in this game???

I've already done the almighty COTH search and followed all the links to the known barns. I've googled my hands off. I've Craigslisted. And I have 'til the end of the month to leave before I hurt someone... I think I can hold off that long LOL FTR, I haven't been asked to leave, but I can see where this is going so I'm bowing out

I do self care only and *ideally* need to pay in the range of $100-$125 per horse, three horses currently, two mares/one gelding. The mares really need to be in a smaller area due to catching issues and IR. The gelding can go out in a bigger area, but thinks he's a ladies man sometimes (he says the mares lead him on ) so a gelding-only field is preferable. Or he can live with my mares, they've got an understanding LOL I can also send the gelding off to live with friends for awhile, but then I wouldn't see him too often One mare is for sale but so far that's gone nowhere.

I live on the southwest side of Lex off Harrodsburg Rd/Clays Mill, work in Hamburg on the east side, and currently board on the northside on Iron Works so do a 30 mile round trip every day. Would like to not increase that by too awful much...

I know it sounds like a lot, but I know it can be found. Actually I've already found it and could move in tomorrow, but I'm holding out for a little more and to hear from some farms I've emailed before I make a decision.

Anyways, if you or a friend or acquaintance has something they can work with me on, send me a PM please I prefer to be able to email people as I detest cold calling!

I can tell you where NOT to board!! I am not in the exact same boat, but I am also looking so I will be watching this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ddashaq View Post
    I can tell you where NOT to board!! I am not in the exact same boat, but I am also looking so I will be watching this thread.
    So PM me the dirt so I know where to avoid like the plague!

Anyone else? I've had a couple of PMs which I really appreciate the heads up on some barns. I can use any leads, though

Sorry, I just don't know of anyone, but feel free to run anyone by me...
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Try messaging OlympicDreams04.
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com