The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Just updated my signature, so now I have to get back on the wagon!
    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    Legend says, if you say "pumpkin spice latte" in the mirror 3 times, a white girl in yoga pants and Ugg boots will appear and tell you all her favorite things about fall.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayHanoMare View Post
    Just updated my signature, so now I have to get back on the wagon!
    Actually you are the founding member!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Well, I'll update it again, hahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    Legend says, if you say "pumpkin spice latte" in the mirror 3 times, a white girl in yoga pants and Ugg boots will appear and tell you all her favorite things about fall.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayHanoMare View Post
    Well, I'll update it again, hahaha!
    THERE YA GO!!
    Come on where is the rest of our clique, This thread has over two hundred posts, Where are you guys?
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

So...if I completely missed this thread but have posted on every other paleo thread ever, can I still join the clique?

I have cookies...sort of.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

You most certainly can SNL!!! Please the more the merrier, and maybe we can get together a non off topic day support group some how!

Yay!

And yes, a support group would be fantastic. I find cheese to be just ridiculously de-railing. And cake. Cake is a problem.

I've been good lately, but having a group would definitely help.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

I am totally off wheat and do not miss it, But I am struggling with dairy,
    I figure a bit of dairy is not too bad.

Join, anyone! Easter is perfectly Paleo! We're having meat, salads and eggs tomorrow! We have two milk cows so dairy is part of our equation but they are very healthy and organic and all that...

Much as I would love to be one of the lucky ones that can consume dairy with no consequences, it is not to be. I feel bloated and achey for days. At first I was in denial about it, but slowly I have come to face reality. It's depressing, because I really really love cheese.
    -George Morris

Quote Originally Posted by SaturdayNightLive View Post
    Much as I would love to be one of the lucky ones that can consume dairy with no consequences, it is not to be. I feel bloated and achey for days. At first I was in denial about it, but slowly I have come to face reality. It's depressing, because I really really love cheese.
    That is what the wheat now does to me, PLUS, this is the weirdest thing, And a friend that went totally wheat free had this happen to her, everytime she would eat wheat her heart would have a huge beat, like it was going to beat out of her chest, A doctor confirmed that it was the wheat.
    She never has it happen, I ate a pice of Rye bread 2 weeks ago and the same thing happened to me. Do not even miss the stuff.
    Cowboy mom, I am having ham, veggies and eggs!

I've pretty much been eating Paleo for the past month, but I cannot give up my morning yogurt!

I'm getting a little sick of eating the same things all the time so I am going to do some googling to find some new recipes.

Today I bought some almond butter to dip my apple into. I'm looking forward to that

http://paleomg.com/

http://urbanposer.blogspot.com/

Two of my favorites, Blondie22. Good luck!
    -George Morris

I'm excited for good food tomorrow after being sick for so long-I usually just have the cream in my coffee or some yogurt or homemade cheese in regard to the cows but oh, the vegies and protein look so good for tomorrow! I love dairy but I can stay away from it-DH and Young Son need it, they're too thin... simple carbs kill me; can't do it...

Try raw milk if you can get it where you are. The reason for "lactose intolerance" is that the pasteurization process burns out all the GOOD natural enzymes that are there so you can digest it. Many LI people can drink raw milk without the upset. Failing that, try some (imported, expensive) raw-milk cheese. Divine!

I may have to do that, Lady Eboshi. I'm unlikely to find it in my area though, so if you have any website suggestions, that would be fantastic!
    -George Morris

Here's Dr. Peter Attia's blog's "Books & Tools" page with many great resources; if you're on the fence about Paleo or you're one of the "Show me the Data!" folks, you can't go wrong here. He's a medical professional, an extreme endurance athlete, and he's pretty much the poster boy for the ketogenic experience. He can debate lipid theory with ANYONE until your eyeballs bleed! Here's his book list, etc.:

http://eatingacademy.com/books-and-tools

Just ate the most YUMMY grass-fed ribeye, cut into strips and momentarily saute'd, you ever had. With asparagas slathered in butter. If it gets any better than this, tell me!

I may have to do that, Lady Eboshi. I'm unlikely to find it in my area though, so if you have any website suggestions, that would be fantastic!
    www.westonaprice.org has a list of sources that's updated frequently. Some places it's still illegal, but lots of people like us are working to change that. It's just stupid in this day and age. I get mine from a local guy with just 3 cows!

We have 4 gallons of raw milk a day and another left to calf. You need to be careful with it but my lactose intolerant SIL can drink our milk with no issue and I drink it to offset the effects of all the abx I've been on over the winter. We're pretty healthy on raw milk but we have our own cows and drink our own milk. and cream, yogurt, butter, cheese, sour cream, ect...

Quote Originally Posted by cowboymom View Post
    We have 4 gallons of raw milk a day and another left to calf. You need to be careful with it but my lactose intolerant SIL can drink our milk with no issue and I drink it to offset the effects of all the abx I've been on over the winter. We're pretty healthy on raw milk but we have our own cows and drink our own milk. and cream, yogurt, butter, cheese, sour cream, ect...
    I am GREEN with envy--except for that little detail called milking at o-dark-hundred!