The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

It's not so bad-it's 6:30 twice a day and we do have the calf on 24/7 so if we're off schedule she is not. But when the alarm goes off at 6 AM there is a lot of grumbling... The milk is wonderful though...

I wish I could find RaW MILK, You would think living in a rural farm area it would be easy!
    I stay away from the pasturized for the most part.
    WHERE are all the Paleo people??
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Eboshi View Post
    www.westonaprice.org has a list of sources that's updated frequently. Some places it's still illegal, but lots of people like us are working to change that. It's just stupid in this day and age. I get mine from a local guy with just 3 cows!
    It just BLOWS my mind that something pure can be illegal, but all the horrid chemical they put in food are perfectly safe,! It is a conspiracy I tell you!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

1 members found this post helpful.

It was only suppose to be my husband, my mother and me for Easter but my DH went and invited a plethora of other friends. So now instead of just Ham, veggies and a fruit dessert, I am making potato salad and other stuff, so we can stretch the food! That's ok. Just because I am making it doesn't mean I have to eat it. GAH...... Off to cook an apple pie. Happy Paleo Easter everybody!

We're having family over so there is going to be loads of food (much of it not Paleo!) for days. There's a ham (good), lasagna (bad), eggplant lasagna (bad), wedding potatoes (really bad but SO FREAKING DELICIOUS), and I'm not sure what else. Oh, mashed potatoes (really bad), and I'm hoping for the asparagus to be cooked, too. Tomorrow on my way home from work I'm going grocery shopping!

I have a hard time totally giving up dairy, too. Especially since discovering full fat yogurt that's been lightly sweetened with maple syrup! Whole Foods carries some delicious New England dairy farms yogurt that are small mom and pop style, and the ingredient list is about as short as plain yogurt. I tried coconut milk and yogurt and found it to be disgusting. It is illegal here in MA to sell raw milk except directly at the farm, but unfortunately the expense in gas to get there and back isn't worth it. I'm not a huge milk fan anyway, though I've been told I'd probably love raw milk. And if you haven't tried raw cheddar, it's to die for! We can buy that in stores, go figure.

Oh, and if you haven't yet tried grass-fed Kerrygold butter (those without their own cows, of course!) you must try it! The best butter EVER!
    RIP my beautiful Lola, ????–August 29, 2014

Wish I could find Kerrygold butter. Walmart sure does not have it, neither does Meijer!
    Big Bay, Just eat the ham and the veggies, a few potatoes will not ruin you, stay away from the wheat products! Just looks at people eating all that stuff and think how much healthier you will feel and be!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky dog farm View Post
    It was only suppose to be my husband, my mother and me for Easter but my DH went and invited a plethora of other friends. So now instead of just Ham, veggies and a fruit dessert, I am making potato salad and other stuff, so we can stretch the food! That's ok. Just because I am making it doesn't mean I have to eat it. GAH...... Off to cook an apple pie. Happy Paleo Easter everybody!
    Wow, I would have no will power cooking an apple pie, it is the smell alone that would do me in. LOL Have fun Luckydog!

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Wish I could find Kerrygold butter. Walmart sure does not have it, neither does Meijer!
    Big Bay, Just eat the ham and the veggies, a few potatoes will not ruin you, stay away from the wheat products! Just looks at people eating all that stuff and think how much healthier you will feel and be!
    We also have my FAVORITE veggies ever: roasted carrots!!!! It's the simplest recipe but sooooo good: carrots, seasoned salt, pepper, tossed in olive oil. Yummmmm! I could eat the two pans of those right now!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayHanoMare View Post
    We also have my FAVORITE veggies ever: roasted carrots!!!! It's the simplest recipe but sooooo good: carrots, seasoned salt, pepper, tossed in olive oil. Yummmmm! I could eat the two pans of those right now!
    I LOVE Carrots! Roasted or any old way! Delish~

It took me a long time to discover my love of cooked carrots. I hope this year that I can grow some purple ones, they are so much fun (but lose the color when you cook them, boo)!

Bumping this up cause I want to find the rest of the Paleo wheat loss group.
    If you want to continue a support group, I have a bulletin board which is un used and we can chat and support and share without waiting for another Off topic day. Message me if you want the link, Or I will post it a bit later.

It is great to hear all the success that people have going clean with their diet. And for those who fall of the bandwagon...here is how I approach getting back on track. Most of the time when one thinks about getting back on track with a traditional weight loss type of diet, they know it could be months until they see noticeable results. Anyone who has dieted before probably knows the mindset I am talking about. However, with this diet (lifestyle), you know you will start to see noticeable results in just mere weeks. By thinking about how you know you will feel better in just a couple of weeks makes it easier to jump back on track.

I have been eating kale and swiss chard by the bag full for the last few weeks as my winter garden starts wrapping up. We are finishing building my enclosed garden and then all my new plants are going in. Here is another website with great recipes:
    http://www.againstallgrain.com/

I would like to join the Wheat Loss group I'm not 100% Paleo. Still do cheese, and on occasion potatoes, wheat and sugar. Trying to bounce back from a month of crappy eating right now. Oh, the cravings!

What does eating the Paleo diet do to your cholesterol levels?

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    Lowers them. Mine went from 215 to 170, on a high fat, low carb diet.

I forgot to link to the miracle tree (tree of life) site:
    http://miracletrees.org/
    I planted 6 of these trees this weekend. They are incredible food trees. In the right conditions they will grow 20 ft a year, on average more like 10 ft a year. They have 25 x more iron than spinach, 4 x more protein than eggs, 17 x more calcium than milk and so on. Every part of the tree is edible. I am looking forward to harvesting mine this year.

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    Truly lowers them, A great book to read is Wheat Belly! Will blow your my and change how you eat forever!

Here's a really fun Paleo site too:

www.MarksDailyApple.com

Terrific if you need some ideas and moral support, esp. if the folks around you aren't Paleo and think you're nuts.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Bumping this up cause I want to find the rest of the Paleo wheat loss group.
    If you want to continue a support group, I have a bulletin board which is un used and we can chat and support and share without waiting for another Off topic day. Message me if you want the link, Or I will post it a bit later.
    I've had a crazy weekend and a very busy day today so have no been online much. I'd love to be part of the Paleo board!

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Believer View Post
    I've had a crazy weekend and a very busy day today so have no been online much. I'd love to be part of the Paleo board!
    Awesome, I will set up the link in a bit so anyone who wants to can join!
    Actually its free, I have had the board for ages, you have to register, but other than that! LOVE to have your great insight on the whole Wheat Free Paleo thing Sharon!