The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Breast Reduction or I have gone from 40 I to 38 C in one day

I had the boob reduction surgery and only I wish I had done it years ago. It was something I did not do lightly. It is a major surgery and you feel as if a vegetable peeler has been worked over you. I still have weight and fitness issues but I never realized how much weight is literally off my shoulders. Through proper documentation BCBS did pay for all of it. You must have at least 2 MD's recommendations, at least 6 months of physical therapy or chiropractic to document the medical need.

Medium Trots, here I come!!!

10 members found this post helpful.

Congratulations! Like having a whole new body, huh?

I don't post from personal experience...Lordy knows I'm more of a candidate for adding more boob as opposed to removing some, LOL!

However my daughter had it done, my cousin and a handful of my closest friends. I've been through 6 of them via people I love. And to the last person...every single one...beyond THRILLED they had it done and only downside was they didn't do it earlier.

3 of the 6 are/were riders. I think it was a good year of grinning like a jack-o-lantern every time they trotted.

Comments ranged from: I can sit up first thing in the morning! My shoulders and back don't hurt! My bra and panties can match now! I can breathe! They look nice!

So enjoy the heck oout of your new girls! And brag away. You earned every bit of it.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

2 members found this post helpful.

Good for you!!!!!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

I had reduction surgery on Dec 5th. I went from a 34 I to probably a D. I was in some pain afterwards, but only missed 3 days of work. My insurance covered the surgery and I just had to document that my breasts were an issue for about a year with my regular dr and have the plastic surgeon agree that I was a candidate. I never went to the chiro. Maybe it differs depending on your insurance?

I am so much happier already. I almost wish they were even smaller. My dr said that he took 4lbs off. He said he took a bag of sugar off of my chest. Lol.

Congrats on your surgery! I would recommend it to anyone.

1 members found this post helpful.

Had it done when I was 18. I was 80lbs with DD breasts.

Best thing I ever did. Ever. I am so happy with my smaller breasts, even all these years later.

I can actually not wear a bra. I can ride a horse without horrible pain.

My spine is still curved from the weight as a teenager but I have been working on it.
    ~ The Goat Whisperer
    Website

I just discovered (like 5 minutes ago) that my insurance no longer requires a BMI of <27. I'm chunky. I'm very active (or was before my spectacularly broken arm) but I'll likely never be that thin. But there's finally hope! Hallelujah!!!

Congrats OP and thank you sooooo much for posting this and prompting me to double check my coverage. FWIW, I'm a 38HH/I. Wonder how tiny I can go....
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

I'm about 8 months out from surgery. I begged the doctor to take "it all." He took as much as he possibly could and I'm now probably around 38-40 B/C.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY NEW BREASTS!!!!!! Dang it.....why didn't I have this done years ago?

I went to the store the other day and when I got home, my husband said, "You forgot to put on a bra." HUH?? Wow, didn't even notice.

Did I mention how much I LOVE my new breasts????? (Well, my old ones that are now fixed).

I'm 67 and had the surgery in November. I can't believe I actually went through with it....at the same time, I can't believe I waited so long! I am one happy granny and had more fun than I ever imagined throwing out what I always called my "battle bras" and replacing them with Victorias Secret!

2 members found this post helpful.

I had it done several years ago. I've spoken to 2 plastic surgeons. They both said they have never known anyone to regret having the surgery.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Congratulations!

Question to all who have had this done: How long were you off the horse? How was getting back to it?

Thanks!

The three riders I know who had it done, well one had it done ages ago and was off of horses for 3 months. But this was back in about 1990. The surgery has come a long way since then.

It may be different for each person, but the other 2 riders I know who had it done were riding in less than a month IIRC.

My daughter was back to teaching zumba and dance in 2 weeks. That's a whole lotta jumping around. She was sore for the first 24-36 hours but not horribly so. But she was nauseous for 24 hours after from the anesthesia and then pain pills. (she didn't want to eat and you can't take those on an empty stomach)

She had to keep hers wrapped for 24 hours straight and then she could unwrap and shower. I helped her, her "unveiling" was amazing. The look on her face. She teared up and said, "They're pretty!" She went from an FF cup to a high B cup. Or as she put it, "I went from National Geographic Boobs to Playboy Centerfold Boobs!"
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

4 members found this post helpful.

Had mine done about 10 years ago and have been thrilled ever since. I'm pretty short, so I always felt like my torso was all boob. I literally had permanent scars from the chafing from wearing two sports bras to run in. It sure makes it easy to wear button-down shirts too -- that was always a struggle before the surgery (that damn gap between the buttons).
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by altersxsw View Post
    I had the boob reduction surgery and only I wish I had done it years ago. It was something I did not do lightly. It is a major surgery and you feel as if a vegetable peeler has been worked over you. I still have weight and fitness issues but I never realized how much weight is literally off my shoulders. Through proper documentation BCBS did pay for all of it. You must have at least 2 MD's recommendations, at least 6 months of physical therapy or chiropractic to document the medical need.

Medium Trots, here I come!!!
    Congrats on the surgery. Did they do something other than remove breast tissue to change your band size at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by alittlextra View Post
    Congratulations!

Question to all who have had this done: How long were you off the horse? How was getting back to it?

Thanks!
    I was told 6 weeks and i stuck to it. I didn't want to take ANY chances with my little girls!
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by jen-s View Post
    I just discovered (like 5 minutes ago) that my insurance no longer requires a BMI of <27. I'm chunky. I'm very active (or was before my spectacularly broken arm) but I'll likely never be that thin. But there's finally hope! Hallelujah!!!

Congrats OP and thank you sooooo much for posting this and prompting me to double check my coverage. FWIW, I'm a 38HH/I. Wonder how tiny I can go....
    B or C no more.

Had mine done three years ago and like everyone else, so sorry that I waited so long. Insurance covered all of it, had chiro & massage documentation to back it up. Went from 36J to 36C, about 6lbs. Wished I could've gone smaller.

I did not ride for 6 weeks, but I wanted to not stress the scar tissue at all. Because of the sheer volume I had removed, they actually removed the nipple & aerola, then grafted them back on.

Some days I can't even remember what it was like before. I can actually see my feet these days.