The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Exclamation Do you have to be a member of NJPHA in order to take part in a schooling show class?

Going to an upcoming show at Black River Farm (Nj) and the 2'3 class i want to enter my greenie in says it is an NJPHA class. My question (i'm an eventer so i'm not up to date on rules) is do i have to be a member of the association to take part in that class?

For the WHVPHA that isn't the case, and I would assume it is the same for NJPHA but I could be wrong
    call and find out?
    My Horse Show Photography/ Blog

Default Membership in NJPHA. Only

Quote Originally Posted by katestephenson45 View Post
    Going to an upcoming show at Black River Farm (Nj) and the 2'3 class i want to enter my greenie in says it is an NJPHA class. My question (i'm an eventer so i'm not up to date on rules) is do i have to be a member of the association to take part in that class?
    Only if you want points for that class, membership is not required if you just want to school in the class or division.

Quote Originally Posted by woodlawn View Post
    Only if you want points for that class, membership is not required if you just want to school in the class or division.
    To clarify: you can *show* in the class or division—you just won't get points in the year-end standings. There's no non-member fee for NJPHA either.

As previously stated there is no extra fee, just if you want to accumulate points. NJPHA is a great association, I believe they are the ones who ran those non-rated schooling derbies last year and it was a great success I would say.

The NJ/PA areas have great local organizations with great shows and great people, I hope you get to enjoy more of them!