The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Best Arena Drags

I'm looking at the Reveal 4-N-1, The Groundhog, and The Black Widow....I've got a 100x200 Outdoor arena with stonedust screenings base and a washed concrete sand on top...45hp 4WD tractor

We merged the three threads on this topic to avoid duplication.

Thanks!
    Mod 1

We have an ArenaWerks and love it. (http://www.infohorse.com/arenawerks.asp)It will not damage the base if it hits it. Be careful of the ones with agressive digging teeth in an arena like your. If they get to your packed base, they will dig it up and destroy it. All you are after is to fluff up the top layer of concrete sand and to level it. The 3 you list are going to put your base at serious risk.
    A plain chain harrow will do the job for you, unless your footing is really deep. If you get a chain harrow, get a 3 pt lift for it too. Trust me.

The ones you are looking are for packed dirt used for arenas that needs to get chopped up and loosened up each time. YOu have a base. DO NOT DAMAGE IT!!!! Just fluff and level the footing on top of it.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Me and your arena are begging you!

I have an arena rascal as well as a chain harrow....neither do the trick ....I'm having issues when it rains...lots of run off causing erosion and dips and waves along the far side of my ring along the rail....I want to mix some of the screenings with sand to firm it up....you can set the depth of the teeth on those drags...I need something to dig it up, fill in the holes/divits and level it out....those drags are specifically for that from what I understand

We have TR3. Love it.