The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My husband fishes competively and took a page from his book and bought me a great gift from the fishing world.

They are great! No panty lines, comfy, wicking material, soft, doesn't move around! They come in thongs if that is what you prefer but I like these the best.
    http://www.exofficio.com/products/de...ow-rise-bikini

I recently started wearing seamless boy shorts underwear that are a nylon/spandex blend made by Marilyn Monroe Intimates. You can find them sold in pairs at TJMaxx for $7-8. Very comfy!

1 members found this post helpful.

hanky panky mid rise or originals

Commando/thong always makes me nervous after hearing about somebody's pants getting ripped when their horse rubbed their (horse) head against the person and the curb chain hook split her pants. Standing right outside the ring among everybody..

Hanky Panky. I wear these 80% of the time. They are hands down the most comfortable underwear I've worn in my life. They're great for riding and during heavy work outs.
    Don't be fooled by the VS or la senza imitators. They look similar to the HP only they're half as comfortable.

To avoid VPL AND boot rubs behind the knee, as well as provide a bit of flattering compression that my middle-aged middle needs, I wear capri-length body shapers. Smartpak makes "smart slim", which are pretty good, but not my favorite. The ones I love are Flexees. I thought they'd be too warm for summer, but nope (and I wilt when I get hot). No bunching, rubbing, etc. at all.

Quote Originally Posted by melmda View Post
    My husband fishes competively and took a page from his book and bought me a great gift from the fishing world.

They are great! No panty lines, comfy, wicking material, soft, doesn't move around! They come in thongs if that is what you prefer but I like these the best.
    http://www.exofficio.com/products/de...ow-rise-bikini
    I love Hanky Panky, but this brand is my new favorite. Found them through a friend when we were discussing hiking gear, and holy cow I love riding in these. Even if a panty line is visible, I don't care because they're so comfy. So dang easy to clean, too!

The VS no-shows are a lifesaver! I've got a boyshort style and a "cheeky" style, and they're amazing. Bonus is that the boyshort style comes in a range of nude colors, so no matter what your skintone is, you can find no-show panties that also don't show under whites
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Commando is not always best. I get rubbed horribly with my different breeches. TMI, I know sorry!
    I started wearing my running shorts kind of like the Jokey's that have been linked on here already.

Jockey underwear in general is very comfortable for riding, and I have not had much trouble with lines even with the regular "bikini" kind, even though just looking at them they look like they would cause line problems.

There's actually a brand called Commando which are awesome. They're named Commando because they're seamless and don't have VPL whether you wear the boyshort, thong or normal panty cut.