The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Underwear?

I am 110% done with panty lines with breeches, but all the thongs I own are either too expensive to buy more of or else super uncomfortable, any recomendations on comfy, cheap(ish) undies?
    My Horse Show Photography/ Blog

I don't find thongs comfortable to ride in anymore (I did as a teen), I usually ride in VS microfibre hiphuggers and they are super comfortable and don't show lines.

1 members found this post helpful.

VS lacey thongs. Only thongs I find comfy, not too expensive (usually are buy 3 for 25 or something from what I can remember)

I live for boyshorts, especially the ones that have lace around the edges. I've never had any VPL issues with those, and they don't ride up. Granted, I also have the flattest butt in history, so maybe that's why they work for me.

http://www.victoriassecret.com/panti...LS&search=true

Just got 2 of these, then spent two hours on my horse both Saturday and Sunday with lots of trot/canter/gallop, and they are amazing. I usually get rubbed, but not with these. A little pricey, but SO worth it.

If I don't want to show lines, I just wear the same type of underwear that I used when I was doing competitive cycling. They were more of compression shorts that were similar length to the bike shorts, and also designed so there were no seams that would cause chafing. Nice because they also help hold things in, not just get rid of lines.

"It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

I think Victoria secret makes underwear (and bras) that have non elastic sides that are supposed to lay flat and not create lines. Otherwise I'd try target or somewhere cheap for lace edged thongs or boy shorts. Boy shorts may not create as noticeable lines since they sit further down the leg/butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Princess View Post
    I live for boyshorts, especially the ones that have lace around the edges. I've never had any VPL issues with those, and they don't ride up. Granted, I also have the flattest butt in history, so maybe that's why they work for me.
    I think you'd have hot competition from me for who wins the Flat Butt award.

Victoria's Secret should have a range of seamless underwear in various styles, and they usually have deals.

Hanky Panky....love them. Easy, comfortable, one size fits all. Not all that bad looking either :-)

2 members found this post helpful.

I like those VS "no-line" underthings as well, as I do NOT do thongs.

(And I'd be a founding member of the "Flat Butt Clique," believe me!)

suck it up and go comando...

Quote Originally Posted by bluebuckets View Post
    http://www.victoriassecret.com/panti...LS&search=true

Just got 2 of these, then spent two hours on my horse both Saturday and Sunday with lots of trot/canter/gallop, and they are amazing. I usually get rubbed, but not with these. A little pricey, but SO worth it.
    I second these. Very comfy

La Senza makes pretty much the same thing as VS but they can be wayyy cheaper - I think I've sales for up to 7 for $25!! Finding them 5 for $25 is easy!

American Eagle also makes similar ones but I've found they don't hold up as well. Not too bad for the price really but as a student I want the best possible bang for my buck so La Senza all the way!!

Commando.
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

2 members found this post helpful.

Gap makes very stretchy underwear with very flat seams specifically to avoid dreaded VPL. I prefer these to VS.

In any brand, you'll want stretch, very flat seams, and a good fit (not tight, not loose). Pure cotton can get baggy.

Tanga is a nice alternative to a thong - they're cut higher on the butt to avoid VPL but there's more coverage otherwise.
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

Ever since I was a junior and one of my barnmates fell off at WEF, splitting her pants while wearing a thong, I vowed I would never be the person trotting after her horse with my pants split and my butt out - hence, no thongs for riding.

I agree that the Gap's underwear seems to keep a flatter seamline than VS - after washing a few times, the VS die. When in doubt, I totally love my SmartPak granny panties. Pretty much the least sexy/most comfortable ever, and with no lines. And if I split my pants, full coverage

3 members found this post helpful.

The number of "commando" votes is reminding me to definitely wash the used TS breeches I just won off of eBay as soon as they arrive...

I like boyshorts, but it's hard to find pairs that are really and truly flat enough. Oddly enough, the absolute best ones I've found were from the Dollar Tree. Sometimes, if you go to the gourmet fancy Dollar Trees (y'know, the ones that are megasized), they have an aisle of underwear/clothing, and there are these really super-thin nylon boyshorts that are totally invisible under breeches. Also a great place for really thin knee socks. (:
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

Quote Originally Posted by BostonHJ View Post
    Ever since I was a junior and one of my barnmates fell off at WEF, splitting her pants while wearing a thong, I vowed I would never be the person trotting after her horse with my pants split and my butt out...
    Uh-huh, I second that. And commando is like a million times more embarrassing!! No commando for this girl!!
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!