The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default The Voice-2013

I have watched the Voice through it's entirety for the first 2 seasons and really adore both Blake and Adam. Last yr only watched the blind audition part. Now with Usher, I'm hooked for sure. That guy could charm the pants off the Queen of England and the new Pope just with his smile!

Anyone else an Usher fan?

Since I've been listening to country music since the Beatles came over from the UK in the 60's, I have no idea what kind of music Usher sings so I would be delighted if someone would enlighten me.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

I always wanted to go Team Adam, but Usher definitely swayed me when he pulled out the charm. Seriously, he crooked his finger and said, "Come rock with me," and I was ready to crawl through the TV.

That last girl on the first night, the one who sang with MJ, was pretty awesome, but I kind of love Midas Whale. I mean, accordion.
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

It was getting weird with Christina and her antics. I am still mad over how she treated Jessie Campbell! I am a big fan of The Voice and love the two new additions. Usher is very cool and Shakira seems very focused and playful, but not "it's all about me" like XTina.

For those of you who watch Big Bang Theory-the episode where Y sees Zack for the first time and every time she looks at him she involuntarily says "hoo!" (Tried to find the clip online but I was unsuccessful) That is exactly how I felt when Usher spoke, grinned, was on camera, etc. Goodness gracious he is some kind of charming!

I liked it last year-this year I think I'm REALLY going to enjoy watching
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

1 members found this post helpful.

I love the new judges! Xtina was definitely getting weird (especially her cleavage and hats, lol) and could be so moody.

Default REPLAY TONIGHT

I can easily watch it again!

The interplay between the judges has become the show's signature now. It has drawn me in even more.

It is so different from Idol and the X Factor which focuses on the drama with the judges or contestants.

I'm loving Shakira. Her banter with the guys is fun ("Blake is going to point his finger, Usher is going lift up his other leg..."). I also like Usher, and would pretty much do anything he asked me to. I didn't realize he was so sexy!

I like the audition rounds of The Voice more than any other competition show out there. I like that they don't bring on people that are obviously bad just so they can be ridiculed. This show isn't mean spirited like that. Even the people that don't get chair-turns are good and the judges are kind to them.

2 members found this post helpful.

I just love this show. And I was so nervous about how the new judges would do, but I worried for nothing. They are FABULOUS and I couldn't care less now if Ceelo and Xtina ever come back (though I did like Ceelo).

Agree that Usher is some kinda sexy!

I think the whole premise of the show is awesome. Auditions judged soley by how they sound and then the judges actually trying to help them all improve. And it becomes very obvious that the really good ones - even if they don't win - will be signed or mentored by their "coach" after the seasons are over.

It's a completely feel-good show.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I dunno, I don't feel too good when they tell some heartwrenching story (dead babies, adopted kid who wants to make it big so her ancient dad can retire, etc.), the person sings well and they DON'T get the turn around

But I am more interested than I was last season (watched season 1 auditions, didn't watch 2 at all). It is the highest quality judging panel for sure. The 2 new judges are very smart and talented musicians who should have some good advice. I have read that Shakira has an almost genius level IQ, and Usher clearly can spot talent (even though I hate Bieber! ).