The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Should I buy the trailer????

I found a great little trailer here for a decent price. Would love to be able to trailer my horse to lessons so he gets as much out of it as I do, and eventually to some local shows. I recently quit smoking (YAY!!). So... do I take the money I'm saving by not smoking and spend it on a horse trailer? hehehe. Oh boy. It's a little nerve racking to think about, but it would be nice and it's one helluva reward for kicking the habit. It's good motivation to stay quit, right?
    Shadow Dancer 2/17/91-12/23/10 - "My Horse, My Heart <3"

It depends on the condition and kind of trailer Would it be a good resale? Do you have an adequate tow vehicle? Is the floor safe and is the wiring in tact?

Consider what reay said -- at the same time, good for you, kicking the habit!

I say buy it -- and enjoy going mobile with your horse!

Its a 3 year old Shadow. I have the truck... everything looks to be in good shape... as far as resale, I'm not sure about these trailers. Hmm. Maybe I should look into that.
    Shadow Dancer 2/17/91-12/23/10 - "My Horse, My Heart <3"

It's nice to have a trailer if you need to use it; vet or fire or anything...along with the fun factor. I was a basket case for the last 3 weeks since selling my trailer and not having one....it's not fire season yet, but I didn't want to keep looking and not have access...

Yep, make sure everything's in order on both truck and trailer. Way better to spend on horses than 'cancer sticks' Congrats on quitting!
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.