The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default MDC ultimate stirrups or Sprenger Bow Balance?

I have cartilage tears in both of my hips as well as a herniated disk in my back, so I'm looking for stirrups to help with shock absorption. I've got stable leg position, just need something to help with my joint pain. My mom also rides in my saddle, she's a beginner walk trot canter rider, but she has bad knees and ankles due to poor conformation, and has a hard time turning one of her ankle in.. She experiences quite a bit of joint pain when she rides due to inflexibility as well, so I'd like to keep her comfortable... I know it's best that she learns to ride in plain fillis, but she is older and precious and just wants to ride for fun, so I'm not too worried about harping on her. She actually just cantered for the first time today. My boy is so kind to her

I can't decide which are better... I like the MDC eyelit that is adjustable but I also like the bow balance, so I need opinions on which is better... Not worried about the color or what's unconventional in eq or anything like that.. I don't have any plans on going back in the show ring with my a/o jumper... And definitely wouldn't be doing eq....

Thanks in advance!!!

I would vote for neither and go with Jin stirrups.

I had ankle surgery this summer and rode with jointed stirrups for a bit before getting my jins. The jins are unbelievably comfortable and give a lot more support for achy joints!

The Great White North, where we get taxed out the wazoo

The MDC ones I have are the flex ones as well as the twist at the top. They make the stirrup leather lie nicely against your leg so less likely to get rubbed. I would say to try and borrow a set to see but like them a lot.

1 members found this post helpful.

The MDC stirrups, preferably with the wide treat (can't remember which ones they are). I ride in 4 different sets of stirrups on a regular basis, Keefer Jointed stirrups, HS jointed stirrups, Royal Riders (wide tread, some flexibility), and then my MDC stirrups. The only stirrups in which my knees and ankles don't bother me are the MDCs (thankfully they are mine but it makes riding my boss's horses a little bit painful). At first they were weird but now they are comfortable and the only stirrups I would ride in if I had a choice. I rotate them to 90 degrees and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by littlecreek View Post
    The MDC ones I have are the flex ones as well as the twist at the top. They make the stirrup leather lie nicely against your leg so less likely to get rubbed. I would say to try and borrow a set to see but like them a lot.
    I fox hunt in these and I have hip and knee issues.

Thank you for the imput thus far everyone!

I need to have both of my knees replaced. The MDC stirrups have made it much easier for me to ride, without pain.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

MDC Ultimates. They flex just enough but never feel unstable. I tore my ACL and meniscus in my right knee - the pain with regular stirrups is horrible - these take away most of the pain and make a huge difference.
    "When a horse greets you with a nicker & regards you with a large & liquid eye, the question of where you want to be & what you want to do has been answered." CANTER New England

Default MDC Stirrups

Dear InjuredAlter,

I am MDC Stirrups. MDC Stirrups are the only stirrups available with an adjustable top, flex or non-flex sides, and standard or wide aluminum treads. Our top is patented and provides the core element of our improved performance, support and pain relief.

All MDC Stirrups are 100% guaranteed to meet our customer's needs or they get their money back.

Our new models, the MDC Super Sport (flex) and MDC Sport Classic (non flex) have the same wide, high traction tread as the Jin Stirrup. Although the Jin Stirrup is lighter, our stirrups are less expensive, are available for a trial ride and have a flex option. I am happy to provide any of our stirrups that you would like to test ride when secured with a credit card. You may return any or all of our stirrups after you have come to a decision. This offer is available to anyone interested in our stirrups.

Our web site has additional testimonials regarding pain relief www.mdccorporation.us.

I would like to thank everyone who wrote in supporting our stirrups with testimonials of how their pain has been reduced or eliminated.

I look forward to helping to be a part of your stirrup solution. Email: mdc@mdccorporation.us

Best regards,

MDC