The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    Oberon13, that's so funny. I did the SAME thing as a kid. My favorite team for a while was the Penguins, simply because I liked the logo with a penguin on it! Funny.
    I wanted to like hockey because MacGyver liked hockey...and I was going to marry him one day. So, I turned on the TV, found the hockey teams, and picked the Penguins because of the cute little animal on their logo!

Yay, another Pens fan! I came to be a fan of them because I was born there. But I personally don't care how you came to be a fan, just that you are.

Wow I didn't expect to get so many replies! Especially so many that love the Wings!
    Eventers of the West
    A Facebook group I created for Eventers in the West Region of the U.S.
    Remy - My OTTB Gelding! Love him to pieces!

Habs fan here, born and raised in Montreal. Living in Ottawa now and I feel very out of place lol

Quote Originally Posted by laskiblue View Post
    Detroit Red Wings all the way! I sure do get some funny/dirty looks wearing my jersey out here in the land of the Ducks and the Kings. :-)
    In the same boat up here in Toronto! Entered in a hockey pool at work and at least half of my players are Wings - I've been top of the leader board for awhile now

Love hockey, follow the Dallas Stars down here in north Texas. My husband actually won first-class airline tickets that we used for our honeymoon playing one of their promo games!

Never thought I'd own a t-shirt for a professional sports team, but now I have 2.

I'm going to miss Steve Ott for the rest of my days, he was my most favorite Dallas Star. I'm gutted that they traded Otter.
    There's always more to learn if you're willing.

Quote Originally Posted by jackalini View Post
    I'm going to miss Steve Ott for the rest of my days, he was my most favorite Dallas Star. I'm gutted that they traded Otter.
    Buffalo says thank you.

Actually, Buffalo says that's payback for the Brett Hull skate-in-the-crease!
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

1 members found this post helpful.

LET'S GO PENS!! Yup, def my favorite non-horsey sport. My brother says life should be like hockey...you just beat the tar out of whoever you are angry with, spend 5 min in the penalty box, and move on with your life

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    Buffalo says thank you.

Awwwwww. Yell extra loud for him for me! He's just a great player and guy, all the way around. So much fun to watch.

What crease?
    There's always more to learn if you're willing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tag View Post
    LET'S GO PENS!! Yup, def my favorite non-horsey sport. My brother says life should be like hockey...you just beat the tar out of whoever you are angry with, spend 5 min in the penalty box, and move on with your life
    I wish I could live life with that logic ha ha
    Eventers of the West

Quote Originally Posted by ridethehide View Post
    Habs fan here, born and raised in Montreal. Living in Ottawa now and I feel very out of place lol
    Surely not at a Habs/Sens game at Scotiabank Place -- we Sens fans seem a little outnumbered
    Alison/Mikali Farms
    www.mikalifarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by jackalini View Post
    Awwwwww. Yell extra loud for him for me! He's just a great player and guy, all the way around. So much fun to watch.
    He is... he might be my next jersey! Not that I need another jersey...
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

Huge Penguins fan here!

My one claim to fame is that when they first built the practice rink, because it was (literally) in our back yard, a bunch of us went over for one of their first "public free skates." I had never skated before, and (shockingly) fell down. (man that whole skating thing is WAY harder than it looks!!!)

Unbeknownst to me (not that I could have DONE anything about it) Jaromir Jagr, was right behind me, tripped over me, and fell on top of me. He just sorta went: "Sorry kid" and skated off. My friends and I were in SHOCK. For some reason it had never occurred to us that there might be ACTUAL PENGUINS skating at their own practice rink.

Heh, Yeah. I'm such a bruiser I took out Jagr. Heh. heh. ;-)

Now, living where I live I've become a pretty big Coyotes fan. It helps that the captain, Shane Doan, is a pretty big horse nut.

http://www.westernhorsereview.com/bl...uarter-horses/

And who doesn't love the Habs? So much drama. (go PK!) ;-p
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....

Propspony, that's awesome. Too funny. When we went to the Czeck Republic, I had to buy a Jagr jersey.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by propspony View Post
    Now, living where I live I've become a pretty big Coyotes fan. It helps that the captain, Shane Doan, is a pretty big horse nut.

I had no idea. Thanks for that link!
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

I grew up in western NY, surrounded by hockey. Thought it was 'okay', then attended a Cornell-Harvard game at Lynah rink my freshman year - think I was born again..

And of course am a big Sabres fan!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    That shot broke my heart. The only redeeming part of that whole series was the Conn Smythe winner was a fellow Cornell Alum - Joe Nieuwendyk. Joey was a year behind me at Cornell, distinctly remember his last game at Lynah versus Vermont. We all knew he was good - but three Stanley cups, with 3 different teams and the Hall of Fame? Awesome!

And of course please note my signature...

ET
    “You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” - Wayne Gretsky

Quote Originally Posted by propspony View Post
    Huge Penguins fan here!

My one claim to fame is that when they first built the practice rink, because it was (literally) in our back yard, a bunch of us went over for one of their first "public free skates." I had never skated before, and (shockingly) fell down. (man that whole skating thing is WAY harder than it looks!!!)

Unbeknownst to me (not that I could have DONE anything about it) Jaromir Jagr, was right behind me, tripped over me, and fell on top of me. He just sorta went: "Sorry kid" and skated off. My friends and I were in SHOCK. For some reason it had never occurred to us that there might be ACTUAL PENGUINS skating at their own practice rink.

Heh, Yeah. I'm such a bruiser I took out Jagr. Heh. heh. ;-)

And who doesn't love the Habs? So much drama. (go PK!) ;-p
    oh man! Jaromir Jagr looks so scary when he's playing! I would have been petrified.....
    Eventers of the West

we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

Quote Originally Posted by KateMcCall View Post
    oh man! Jaromir Jagr looks so scary when he's playing! I would have been petrified.....
    Heh. I didn't think he was scary, although I do have another funny story about him...

So, one of my friends completely cut him off one day driving home from the bank. Once she realized who it was, she was pretty mortified, and then... he kept following her. She got pretty freaked out. I mean, if you're going to get road raged on, you don't want the other person to be Jagr right?

So she drives all the way home with him right behind her, pulls into her driveway, takes a deep breath, and prepares to die. He drives past, pulls into a driveway a few houses down, waves at her, and goes on in to the house. Apparently, his MOM was living right down the street from her. ROFL!

And those are the only two penguins stories I have. LOL! ;-)
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....

OF COURSE we like hockey - look where we are from. Go Canucks, Go!

But I, personally, am a fair weather Canuck and jump ship rather a lot.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Huge hockey fan. Played pretty seriously through college and post grad. Just picked it up again as a winter fitness exercise... you know, blast the quads so I can get ahead on my two-point for the spring.

I am surprised no Rangers fans, so here's one. DIE HARD. Now that I live in New England, I am also an obligatory Bruins fans, which helps sooth the pain that they are having a good year. Whither art thou, Rangers?

I try to make a couple of NHL games at the Garden every year and buy the NHL GameCenter package to watch hockey pretty much every night.

Now if only the blueshirts would break above 500, my life would be good...
    Member of "My Horse's Head Is So Ginormous It Has Its Own Gravitational Field" Clique

Eventing Percheron Blog