The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Doing it all from your phone

This is the last week for my computer at home. I'm stopping the highspeed cable service and will be solely on my phone.

Besides all the spelling errors that occur, I've noticed there are attachments I can't open. Am I a dunce user or are some of the phones limited in what they can do?

example: email - I can read the email but not the attached photos or document. Now this isn't all the time, but perhaps there are differing attachment types and my phone can't negotiate them all??????
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

See if you can download an app for Adobe or Javacript. What kind of phone do you have?

Some now have voice available for texting and email...just yak into the phone and
    it types it out for you and you then you hit send.

What kind of phone and what kind of attachments? There is nearly certainly an app for whatever you need to look at, but you will have to go download it.

It's a Samsung Galaxy . Has a touch screen keyboard that I slide my finger around on, super fast for texting, but the spelling is interesting at times. A couple of times I push one of the buttons on the side by accident and the voice activated text comes on. It scares me.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Talk to text is awsome. YOu can even talk your FaceBook posts too.

and you can talk your searches and other instructions. Have to speak clearly and
    somewhere without a lot of background noise. You can also add period, question
    mark, etc. by saying it. Mine is Samsung Galaxy note and it is way smarter than I am....

1 members found this post helpful.

Another Samsung galaxy user. I do everything from my phone except print documents. I open attachments with an app called Polaris office, it was already on the phone when I bought it.

I'm guessing that many of them are Microsoft Office documents and PDF files. Try getting the Documents to Go and qPDF Viewer apps.

While you're at it, trick your phone out with some other apps that will increase your productivity.
    http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/best-android-apps

Finally, learn to use your Samsung Galaxy as a tether that will share your phone's Internet connection with a computer. This should be used sparingly since you can blow through your data plan pretty quickly, but it's still useful to know.
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...alaxy-tab.html

Be aware that sharing via wifi aka "making your phone a hotspot" with your computer using your phone costs mucho $ under some plans. I tethered on my plan, but was on an ancient windows phone and slow connection so was under the radar of my phone company, but was told when I wanted to upgrade "you should have been charged for that".