The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Not fair that men loose weight easier then women....

Or also titled DH is losing weight faster then me!!

So both DH and I want to get ack into the shape we were in when we met. We are making sure to not only eat healthier but also making sure we are controlling portions very strictly.

But DH is loosing weight SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much faster! Inches, pounds, grrrrr.

All I can say is I can't wait till I am good to go after my ankle surgery and can really hit the work out program hard.

1 members found this post helpful.

Have you investigated upper-body exercises that will burn calories and yet spare your ankle?
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Build muscle mass, and you become more efficient at burning calories. Just start out easy, and don't injure yourself. And they do have the hand bikes that just use arms. Here's a link that might work (or might not with my skills) for arm exercise bikes on Amazon. If it doesn't work go to amazon.com, and search arm exercise bikes. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_4yviy5nukv_b
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Unfortunately as an adult I now appreciate my Mom's groaning when my Dad's idea of dieting was having a normal portion of ice cream rather than the mega bowl with chocolate sauce. Biology stinks at times and men will generally loose more, easier
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook

Will be using dumb bells while I am laid up. But the first two weeks are going to be called "oh shoot me this hurts!" Since they are realigning my tibia, ankle, and foot. Lets just say it involves rebraking parts and shimming up parts and tweaking things to make them all aligned again

Yea hubby and I are on the same diet, though his version sometimes isn't the same as mine, LOL! While I have stuck to it, he hasn't except sporadically yet has lost TWICE as much as me. Hell yesterday I drank two protein drinks and ate an egg and GAINED 2 pounds from the weight I was before I went to bed. How in the hell do you gain two pounds and don't intake even half a pound? WTF!!
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

Because you aren't eating enough and your body is going into starvation mode.

DH lost six pounds last week just watching portions and snacking healthier. I have been working out and watching portions and the scale hasn't budged. Oh well. I can still do more pushups than him and run longer .
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Lose.

Lose lose lose LOSE!

Then your clothes will be loose

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    Lose.

Lose lose lose LOSE!

Then your clothes will be loose

I love you.

I agree with TheJenners, unfortunately eating less and less food doesn't automatically = lose a bunch of weight. When your body starts going into starvation mode it will hold onto everything!