The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

http://www.dogshaming.com/

On fridays Dog Shaming does adoptable dogs. Candy looks adorable, and learned to drink out of a toilet from a cat (that looks like it's half mountain lion).
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

OP, if it has not been suggested yet, let your vet know you are looking. Sometimes there are dogs who have lost their owners due to long term illness and their pets need re-homed. The vet would know which dog(s) might fit your criteria.

2 members found this post helpful.

Candy IS adorable!! I have her bookmarked! New Jersey is within reach.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Guin-call right now, or Candy will be gone! They show so many adorable dogs on Dog Shaming, and they usually get snapped up quickly.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by threedogpack View Post
    OP, if it has not been suggested yet, let your vet know you are looking. Sometimes there are dogs who have lost their owners due to long term illness and their pets need re-homed. The vet would know which dog(s) might fit your criteria.
    That's how I ended up with my new/old cocker. Not through the vet but through a rescue friend of a friend. She was a private adoption.

The owner's daughter was so thankful to find her a home. She gave me 6 months worth of food (prescription veterinary diet) and a year's worth of HW and Frontline meds.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I don't know if my Doberman is just a freak of nature, but is is exactly what you described. Laid back and a total couch potato. Good luck with your search!
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

I highly recommend Bonnie Blue Rescue (http://bonniebluerescue.com/). They are based out of VA and CT but send dogs to all the NE states. They are not wacky and are honest! If a dog ends up having an issue, they will sent a trainer out or take the dog back. The founder is a horse person. The only catch is that many of their dogs are in foster homes down South. I am in Louisiana and work with BBR to pull dogs from our local kill shelter. They are all fully vetted (vax, s/neuter, microchipped, tested and treated if needed for heartworm, intestinal worms, etc. )...basically whatever they need, they get before transporting north. BBR does require a 2 week "foster to adopt" period to make sure the dog is compatible in your home before locking you in to an adoption since it is not usually possible to meet the dog prior to transport.

I have fostered easily over a hundred dogs over the past several years and I can only think of 2 that I didn't want to keep for myself. My husband often asks if we can send our nutty BC mix and keep the foster. These are amazing dogs!!

If you are a Lab person I also recommend Labs4Rescue.

Thank you for trying to adopt and I am sorry you have had such trouble!
    Animals are not disposable!!!
    http://www.pawsnela.org

1 members found this post helpful.