The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Puppy Bowl!

The highlight of my day, since the Sabres game is probably going to suck, and I don't like football. Who are you rooting for? I am torn between Harry the chocolate dachshund and Sally the basset/dachsie mix.
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

But, Jenny the pit bull mix is from Rochester!
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I thought Biscuit was pretty intimidating on the field!

I just loved feisty little Marta, the schnauzer/beagle cross. She was tireless!

What was with all the Catahoula Leopard dog crosses? There seemed to be 3 or 4 of them. Cute pups, but I was just surprised to see several. It also seemed to me that there was less breed variety than in past years. But - all cuties nevertheless. Beats watching the football game, which for me is like watching paint dry - lol!

Awe! Love the Puppy Bowl! I was hoping to see more smaller Pups in the line up. Oh well.
    Strange how much you've got to know Before you know how little you know. Anonymous

Maybe they can't take all the puppy-to-puppy abuse as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    What was with all the Catahoula Leopard dog crosses? There seemed to be 3 or 4 of them. Cute pups, but I was just surprised to see several. It also seemed to me that there was less breed variety than in past years. But - all cuties nevertheless. Beats watching the football game, which for me is like watching paint dry - lol!
    I believe all the puppies are from various shelters/rescues. There are probably several littermates in the lineup.

Ah, thanks. I was sort of wondering if they had people actually apply to have their puppies participate or something - lol!! But obviously that's on the ridiculous side - although I'm sure there are many people who would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    The Catahoula mixes were 4 littermates from Bonnie Blue Rescue (http://www.bonniebluerescue.com/), a group in VA/CT that I have worked with for many years to find homes for dogs who end up at our local high kill shelter in North Louisiana. Rescues can apply for their pups to be chosen for the Puppy Bowl. It was taped a few months back and I think most of the pups (I know all the BBR pups) have been adopted.
    Animals are not disposable!!!
    http://www.pawsnela.org

That's wonderful! And what a draw to be able to say "my puppy was one of the stars of the "Puppy Bowl"!"

1 members found this post helpful.

Is this the first year the ref handed out penalties for "excessive cuteness"? I about died over that, too adorable!

And I liked how they had personalities from other AP shows commentating & cheering!

Who got Most Valuable Puppy this year? I missed that announcement

I believe Marta was MVP.