The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default nunn finer reins

I have a 4 year old nunn finer hunter bridle and have loved it unitl cleaning it the other day and the reins apparently came un glued where they hook to the bit. A very thin piece of leather separated on each rein. I called the company and was told using the wrong cleaning solutions or oils can dissolve the glue. I didn't know reins used glue and don't use any unusual cleaning things. MY tack doesn't get hard use ie not out in bad weather and used a few times a week. They are sending new ones at a reduced price but said 4 years is good. I have other brands much older than 4 years. just wondered if anyone else had that happen and what things not to use on leather in the future as I'm sure other brands must be using glue. I'm not bad mouthing the brand as I do think it's a nice bridle and otherwise, it is in great shape.

I think your best bet would have been to ask the person you spoke with at Nunn Finer. Still might be worth calling back to see what they recommend specifically for their products.

have you searched online (google) to see if anyone else has had the same problem with the bridle/reins?