The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any new horze coupon codes?

I think HAPPYNEWYEAR has expired and I REALLY need to pick a few things up...so does anyone happen to know if they have a new code?

Quote Originally Posted by SAcres View Post
    I think HAPPYNEWYEAR has expired and I REALLY need to pick a few things up...so does anyone happen to know if they have a new code?
    definitely interested as well. I need a cheap fleece sheet rather urgently...

Has anyone tried anything V-Day themed? I'm SO bummed I didn't buy what I needed to earlier this week when the code was still working...I've been eying their wide track stirrups for ages but told myself I'd wait until this week...ARGH!

I tried a few valentines day themes but "code cracking" is not my forte do I gave up rather quickly. Maybe someone else will have a go?

Bumping this up....anyone?? Still need me some stirrups and open front boots....

I'm interested too! Even though I just made a purchase from them. Their site is addictive!

Nothing has come through my email, and I'd probably know... We just had a HUGE sale one a lot of fall/winter items to make way for the spring/summer collection.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Maybe it's silly, but I refuse to buy from them. I just don't think that calling your company a name that's meant to sound like "whores" is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinderella View Post
    Maybe it's silly, but I refuse to buy from them. I just don't think that calling your company a name that's meant to sound like "whores" is funny.
    Well, in their defense, they originated in Finland, and have been available exclusively in Europe and the UK for years. It's definitely a case of "lost in translation", unfortunately.
    I firmly believe that the term "Come here, you little piece of shit" was coined by a horse person chasing an errant poop ball around a stall.

2 members found this post helpful.

I'm not offended by the name at all. The company originated in a different country that speaks a different language.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinderella View Post
    It's not meant to sound like "whores", although it is a hilarious coincidence.
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

4 members found this post helpful.

The name isn't meant to sound like whores at all. As others have said, just lost in translation. Although I was initially embarrassed when I had to explain to my barnmates that I got my new fleece cooler (and eventually boots, open fronts, another cooler, rain boots...etc...) from horze.com and quickly explain the spelling, I quickly got over it...their products are nice enough to forgive the unfortunate name.

it's totally a running joke in our barn. Love the website. & my fabulous horze breeches

Bump. Any success yet?

Rollie Pollie, we're getting ready to launch our spring/summer line early next week, so there should be a lot of good deals on some of the colors/styles we're clearing out to make room. Also, there's a big Presidents' Day sale going on right now, beentheredonethat just posted a thread about it

As far as the name, everyone in the company I've talked to pronounces it as "horse," and that's how I pronounce it as well. It's not meant to be a funny way to put a less than savory word as a brand name, honest.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Thanks Ginger. Still holding out for a coupon, since the things I want aren't on sale. They've spoiled us with the coupons!

I got an email today, lots of stuff up to 60 percent off, no code required. I paged through and then sighed and clicked off. I don't need anything.

Then friggin' horseloverz sent me an email with those Perri bridles with colored padding... I sighed and clicked off that too. I already have two bridles. Well, three, but one got cannabalized for the cheek pieces.

I scored on the last 50 percent off code, so I should be content with that, right? Right? Right???!
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

1 members found this post helpful.

I think the name is funny. I thought they were from Norway? I met some Horze sales ladies at Wellington and they were very nice. I figured it is a translation thing, such as selling the Nova in Mexico where it translated as NO GO, not a good name for a car Bought pants and shirt, have not yet tried them out but planning on trying the breeches today. Would love some deals!

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan View Post
    I think the name is funny. I thought they were from Norway? I met some Horze sales ladies at Wellington and they were very nice. I figured it is a translation thing, such as selling the Nova in Mexico where it translated as NO GO, not a good name for a car Bought pants and shirt, have not yet tried them out but planning on trying the breeches today. Would love some deals!
    The company originated in Finland it definitely is like the Nova in Mexico... bit of a language gap.

There was a thread in the eventing forum asking about any new codes and I believe someone said they wouldn't be offering the 50% off codes anymore. Basically the codes were originally used to promote their name in the US.

1 members found this post helpful.