The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Who has bred to Bordeaux?

The one with Paul Schockemohle by United out of Venna? How does he produce? What kind of mare did you breed him to and what were her positives and negatives? Do you have photos of mare and foal?
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

I am also interested in hearing about Bordeaux. Did anyone get a pregnancy using his frozen semen last year?

I have a friend who has a Grand Prix dressage mare in foal to him. I'm planning on using him this or next year. I met my mare's breeders in Germany, they are still active breeders and have her dam and full and half sisters. I asked who they would recommend for her, it was Bordeaux!

We have a visiting mare that we sold last year due any day now, Goodtimes x Ulft. She was bred at PS in Germany with Fresh chilled.

Bordeaux was at Den Bosch this weekend winner of the Z class and still radiates ease of transition in and out of the gaits. Ziesto & Uphill also shone through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_6OnvPduY

Have a preference for the the longer lined stallions Desperado Everdale & Enzo's Ferarri Texel and would want to use Bordeaux on longer lined mares.

Charmeur stole the show again but think the mare needs to be long lined with a good degree of suppleness, as he is all power.

There was also one very nice son selected from his progeny group, For You Two Bordeaux x Ferro which was also selected for the Championship and placed first after the reserve I think.

http://www.kwpn.tv/hengstenkeuring/c...meta=1#s1media

Strong emphasis on Negro Ferro & Ulft lines in the selections this year due to the success of their descendants in the Olympics.

2 members found this post helpful.

BTW, the semen that's in the US was frozen by Paul Schokemohle, so it should be good!

I think he's a gorgeous stallion with a fabulous pedigree.

However. We had a thread when he first was approved, and I recall that he was approved despite having OC on his X-rays (OC is the bone lesion without the fragment, which would be OCD). I realize that's not totally uncommon in horses, but usually the KWPN does not approve them. I'm curious if he's been in consistent work or if he primarily breeds...and how sound he is if he's stayed in work. Also curious about his offspring's radiographs. I think he had a least a couple of sons licensed this year.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01