The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Awwww. The cat cares.

My older dog, Koa, had a mast cell tumor removed today from her shoulder. The incision is large due to the nature of the tumor and she's pretty painful. I've been sitting with her, icing the shoulder, and just keeping her quiet. She's pretty well doped up on hydromorphone but worried unless I'm right there.

Juliet, my "queen" kitty--really, she rules the roost here--was downstairs, meowing loudly and brought one of Koa's toys upstairs. She's been known to drag stuff around, but I admit I got a little verklempt when she showed up in the study with Koa's little lion.

3 members found this post helpful.

That's very sweet! Good luck to Koa.

StG

Awe that's cute!

Jingles that Koa's inscision heals well. She a Boxer?

Sweet, but cat is obviously not reading locats !
    (actually, it is very sweet .)

Judysmom, she's a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Here's a crappy pic of her showing off her backpack.

And here she is with her little sister, Zinny, who is quite worried about the whole thing. You can see a bit of the incision here, too

Jingles for Koa from Riley and I! Let me know if you think goodies will help, I will send on the house!

So sweet My cat once dragged a bag of licorice into the litter box. Not so cute.

Jingles for a speedy recovery for Koa!

How did I miss that you have a RR?

I have a little cat that will hold my dogs down by their faces (and I have a GP and a Blackmouth Cur) (and even more fierce, a chi cross) and give them face washes. If they struggle she exerts a claw and they hold very still with wide eyes and elevated brows while they get their bath. This kitty has been nursing off of my spayed Aussie female for years and we call her the puppy cat.

I think all female cats have a bit of the mama in them. I hope your pup is up and running soon.

Oh, thank you so much for the offer, Munchingonhay! The girls certainly love your treats, but I don't want to put you out at all. The post office is such a pain.

cowboymom, I've had Ridgebacks for going on 15 years now Two now--Koa and her little friend Miss Zin, who is going on 8 months old. She is a handful!!

Koa is doing SO well. She is still on some pain meds, but she's no longer crying when she shakes (that was so sad ) and she really, really wants to play with Zin. The vet wants her quiet, which we are working very hard at, but is going to be quite difficult for the ten days the vet would like.