The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun. 15, 2002
    Posts
    5,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    Beethoven--sorry, your feed regime includes high fructose corn syrup (Twizzlers) so, your horses will be crippled and on stall rest. Sorry. Maybe cupcakes instead?
    O darn good point! I will make that switch right away! You know what the starburst also have corn syrup! I am going to have to rethink their diet now for sure.



  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec. 11, 2006
    Location
    Cheesehead in Loudoun Co, VA
    Posts
    2,429

    Default

    Oats, peas, beans, and barley grow,
    Oats, peas, beans, and barley grow,
    Can you or I or anyone know
    How oats, peas, beans, and barley grow?
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb. 7, 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    4,825

    Default

    Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey.



  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan. 31, 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,352

    Default

    Akiddleedyvey too, wouldn't you?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields



  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep. 18, 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by furlong47 View Post
    Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey.


    and all this time I thought it was :

    mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy

    kids'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you? ( as in baby goats?)



  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2003
    Location
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!
    Posts
    6,844

    Default

    Uphill--me too! I think Eye and Furlong were writing in a language that the OP could understand, perhaps? Gibberish-eeze123!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar. 8, 2004
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    19,757

    Default

    Hey diddle diddle, Ray Rice up the middle? What time is it?


    1 members found this post helpful.

  8. #48

    Default

    Ohhh... I understand now. You are an animal owner that thinks the companies that make animal feeds / food are the root of all evil toooo..day. I remember you.

    You don't by chance have 80 cats, do you?

    http://dressagecurmudgeon.blogspot.ca/


    1 members found this post helpful.

  9. #49

    Default

    it was the little blue stars that did me this morning...thank you for that...
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.



  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2007
    Location
    Bremo Bluff, Virginia
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eye in the Sky View Post
    I'm going to start wearing my tinfoil hat again. The martians are clearly in control. This was like reading a chapter in Hitchhiker's. Except this made no sense at all.

    Eye, you made me smile
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has widely been considered as a bad move." -Douglas Adams



  11. #51
    Join Date
    Oct. 3, 2002
    Location
    Boogerville, USA
    Posts
    858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    Twizzlers, starburst, and m&ms! Corn free!
    NYET! Made with CORNsyrup. I think.
    Feed candy corn. It's not real corn.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jan. 18, 2002
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Op, i for one understood what you were trying to ask and I do see where you are coming from. Years ago, prior to all the extruded feeds we have today, people fed corn and oats. Thats pretty much all there was. Now we have so many different feeds to choose from its hard to know what is right.
    I will say this, just as in humans, how do we know what actually ends up in food or feed through pollution of chemicals and other contaminates. I often wonder what is the contributing factor to increase cancer and other ailments.
    A lot of factors go into whether or not your horse ends up on stall rest and needs x-rays, not just what they eat. Bad breeding has a part in it, as does how horses are used.
    The best thing to do is read up on as much info as you can get, knowledge is the key. Talk to your feed supplier, they might be able to help with your questions. There is nothing you can do about the environment, so all you can
    do is select the feed you think is right.
    I am sorry people are so mean, it really does show their true selves.
    www.tayvalleyfarm.com
    My other home.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    17,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasalberry View Post
    NYET! Made with CORNsyrup. I think.
    Feed candy corn. It's not real corn.
    Horrors...candy corn? Only if it's organic candy corn made with unrefined honey!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    1 members found this post helpful.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Oct. 3, 2002
    Location
    Boogerville, USA
    Posts
    858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Horrors...candy corn? Only if it's organic candy corn made with unrefined honey!
    You silly! Of course I meant only the finest organic grown, pesticide-free, made with RAW honey from only free-roaming bees floating around purposely in virgin forests, candy corn.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Oct. 3, 2002
    Location
    Boogerville, USA
    Posts
    858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    ... I am sorry people are so mean, it really does show their true selves.
    Probably not-so-much mean, as winter-crazed who will seize any opportunity to alleviate boredom. Nothing personal, really.



  16. #56
    Join Date
    Dec. 10, 2012
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    Op, i for one understood what you were trying to ask and I do see where you are coming from. Years ago, prior to all the extruded feeds we have today, people fed corn and oats. Thats pretty much all there was. Now we have so many different feeds to choose from its hard to know what is right.
    I will say this, just as in humans, how do we know what actually ends up in food or feed through pollution of chemicals and other contaminates. I often wonder what is the contributing factor to increase cancer and other ailments.
    A lot of factors go into whether or not your horse ends up on stall rest and needs x-rays, not just what they eat. Bad breeding has a part in it, as does how horses are used.
    The best thing to do is read up on as much info as you can get, knowledge is the key. Talk to your feed supplier, they might be able to help with your questions. There is nothing you can do about the environment, so all you can
    do is select the feed you think is right.
    I am sorry people are so mean, it really does show their true selves.
    Most normal people who do not like, or suspect, what is in processed animal feed simply stop using it and feed other more "natural" stuff without creating a scene in "public".

    Then there are those for which anything they disagree with becomes a damn crusade........

    Know what I mean Vern?



  17. #57
    Join Date
    Mar. 12, 2006
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Texan, I get what you're saying. Growing up our horses were out 24/7, ate grass in the summer and hay, oats with salt blocks in the winter. Basic feeding. They also were ridden a lot. I think todays horses have much the same problems as people. Too much food, too much of the wrong foods and not enough work.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*


    2 members found this post helpful.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Jan. 28, 2013
    Location
    Southeastern US
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    I think someone's horse got to their computer and is requesting a change in diet and to get off stall rest.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Oct. 3, 2002
    Location
    Boogerville, USA
    Posts
    858

    Default

    I only let my horse use my computer if he's mud-free.



  20. #60
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2004
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    2,962

    Default

    Oh SNAP!!!!!!!!! I forgot the GOLDFISH!!!!!!! Love the translations
    send some of their smart literate deer who can read road signs up here since ours are just run of the mill dumb ones who get splatted all over creation because they won't stay in the woods



Similar Threads

  1. Jumping narrow horses vs. wider horses: biomechanics of tall folks?
    By alternate_universe in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Nov. 12, 2012, 02:20 PM
  2. Replies: 56
    Last Post: Feb. 18, 2011, 06:00 PM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: Nov. 21, 2009, 12:33 PM
  4. Spinoff from starting horses thread...how many have ridden auction horses?
    By dressurpferd01 in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Nov. 16, 2009, 11:05 AM
  5. Replies: 97
    Last Post: Dec. 10, 2008, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness