The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Midwest TB's

I've been looking for a TB in the Midwest, and I'm not having any luck finding quality ones in my price range, aka $5,000 or less. I'm in the metro area of MN, does anyone know of someone around the area that re-trains or is selling TB's? I have no preference for color, gender or height, just want it less than 10 years old. Looking to do low-level eventing, probably no higher than Training. Prospects ok.
    "One reason why horses are happy is because they are not trying to impress other horses."
    "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction"

What are you looking for other than a TB? Do you want it already trained or green as grass? Who are you working with to find the horse? Have you posted on the TCCT List group on yahoo for ideas?

If I was looking for a TB, I would contact Julie Stenslie or Jane Braddock. They are both event trainers I have taken lessons from and completely would trust to help me find a horse. Julie right now is down south.

Contact CLeary Lake vet, Dr Jen Selvig works with the track to rehome TB's. She shows one that is fantastic!
    Last edited by LibertyRun; Feb. 1, 2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: misspelling!

Quote Originally Posted by sheltona01 View Post
    What are you looking for other than a TB? Do you want it already trained or green as grass? Who are you working with to find the horse? Have you posted on the TCCT List group on yahoo for ideas?

If I was looking for a TB, I would contact Julie Stenslie or Jane Braddock. They are both event trainers I have taken lessons from and completely would trust to help me find a horse. Julie right now is down south.
    Either looking for a straight TB, or a TB/WB cross. Already trained yes, nothing too green. I've ridden greenies before, but most have been quite quiet and easy going. I'm working with my trainer. I have been perusing the TCCT list, but haven't posted anything yet. Can't believe I didn't think of that sooner.
    "One reason why horses are happy is because they are not trying to impress other horses."
    "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction"

PM sent.
    Inese