The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tucci Off the Rack boots- Galileo

I know there have been tons of boot threads recently, but I was wondering if anyone has a pair of the Tucci off the rack boots? I covet their custom boots, but was wondering if the quality of their Galileo boots is in the same league. Can anyone speak to their fit, longevity and quality? TIA!

Here's a link if anyone is interested: http://www.schockemoehle.net/shop/pr...08&language=en
    Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground. - Author Unknown

Cool Galileo with laces

Quote Originally Posted by hunterhorse22 View Post
    I know there have been tons of boot threads recently, but I was wondering if anyone has a pair of the Tucci off the rack boots? I covet their custom boots, but was wondering if the quality of their Galileo boots is in the same league. Can anyone speak to their fit, longevity and quality? TIA!

Here's a link if anyone is interested: http://www.schockemoehle.net/shop/pr...08&language=en
    I just bought a pair of the Galileo Tucci boots with laces, here at Hadfield's tack shop ,at the Palm Beach International show. They are off the rack, and from the moment I put them on my feet I felt like they were made especially for me. I got on my horse half an hour after purchasing the boots and they felt great . I didn't even have to break them in at all.The leather is soft and the fit is awesome.

Rosie,

Did the boots drop a lot? I just got a pair and think they might be a tad too short, especially if they are going to drop.

Thanks!

Could anyone who has them post a picture? I've always wondered how they look in person.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

I have the Leonardo, the dress boot model, without laces or the stitched detailing around the silver tab. http://equi-products.com/for-the-rid...-leonardo.html

I LOVE them. The leather is very high quality as you would expect from Tucci and the fit/range of sizes is great as well. I would say they dropped maybe 1-2cm. As in, I got them extra tall and they dug into the back of my knee really badly for about two weeks and now they have dropped just enough that that doesn't happen. The stretch panel seems to be very durable in that it always stretches back down to its original size when I take them off and I haven't found it to be noticeable when I am riding.

Here is a photo: http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...82876476_o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by klmck63 View Post
    I have the Leonardo, the dress boot model, without laces or the stitched detailing around the silver tab. http://equi-products.com/for-the-rid...-leonardo.html

I LOVE them. The leather is very high quality as you would expect from Tucci and the fit/range of sizes is great as well. I would say they dropped maybe 1-2cm. As in, I got them extra tall and they dug into the back of my knee really badly for about two weeks and now they have dropped just enough that that doesn't happen. The stretch panel seems to be very durable in that it always stretches back down to its original size when I take them off and I haven't found it to be noticeable when I am riding.

Here is a photo: http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...82876476_o.jpg
    That was cruel klmck! You have me drooling and flipping back to equi-products constantly!!

Klmck... great pic!

May I ask you what you used on your boots? Mine are a bit dull and I really would like to shine them up a bit.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by klmck63 View Post
    The stretch panel seems to be very durable in that it always stretches back down to its original size when I take them off and I haven't found it to be noticeable when I am riding.
    Ah, the piece of information I really needed, thanks! Looking at the size charts, the "G" leg on the size 40 would actually fit me! But, I'd be at the absolute bottom of the calf width range (33cm to 35.5cm)...so I would not want that stretch panel to stretch (at all, ever ).

The link above does not have the size I need, but this one does, or claims to:

http://www.samsbhs.co.uk/productpage.asp?id=111

Does anyone have any experience with "Sam's Boots, Hats and Saddles" in the UK?

Klmck, who cares about your boots, you and your horse look fabulous! Love the picture. (And, okay, the boots are nice, too!)
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by KateD View Post
    That was cruel klmck! You have me drooling and flipping back to equi-products constantly!!
    Sorry! They really are great boots, though! I have tried on A LOT of boots trying to find something that fits my average calves and skinny knees, and in my opinion these are the best ones in the price range!

Quote Originally Posted by countrcanter View Post
    Klmck... great pic!

May I ask you what you used on your boots? Mine are a bit dull and I really would like to shine them up a bit.

Thanks!
    I use both Kiwi boot polish and the Meltonian Creme polish. I sort of save the Meltonian for "special occasions" because it's more expensive and harder to get a hold of. It's not hard to get a really good shine with both, though (the Meltonian just applies really easily). The key is to rub it on, let the boots sit for a while and then buff until your face turns purple . Sometimes I repeat and do the whole process twice. I like to use an old piece of sheepskin for buffing. Can you tell I really care about having shiny boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Canaqua View Post
    Ah, the piece of information I really needed, thanks! Looking at the size charts, the "G" leg on the size 40 would actually fit me! But, I'd be at the absolute bottom of the calf width range (33cm to 35.5cm)...so I would not want that stretch panel to stretch (at all, ever ).
    I can't say for sure, but I do think that they would work! I was at the very top end of the range for the size I bought and it was a lot of work to get them on at first so I think the 35.5 is meant to be an absolute maximum that they will stretch, so if you're a 32 or 33 they should fit nicely with very little break-in time!

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    Klmck, who cares about your boots, you and your horse look fabulous! Love the picture. (And, okay, the boots are nice, too!)
    Aw, thank you so much!! I splurged for a Photo CD from the photographer at this horse show, so I have so many nice pictures to remember it by!