The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Yeah well, there aren't any onions @ work, so I had to use the "allergy" excuse. I cracked up @ the head-butting scene. My horse does this to my husband all the time.

Thanks for sharing!

1 members found this post helpful.

bit of a "making of" clip; total cuteness. i didn't listen to the audio though.

http://wtop.com/541/3215313/A-Star-is-Born

Awesome! Off to find the tissues.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Eboshi View Post
    Loved it, teared up like you guys, forwarded it to friends. BUT ALSO noticed the little "inside joke" embedded there that HAD to be intentional, knowing only driving-folk would pick up on it.

When you have your horse hitched, the ONE thing you are taught to never, EVER, EVER do for ANY reason whatsoever no matter what is to TAKE OFF THE BRIDLE while he's still harnessed and hitched!

Which is exactly what you'll see here & how he gets loose. This will of course fly right by anyone but carriage drivers.

This, of course, makes it even MORE endearing!
    I thought the same thing at first! But watching it again, it looks like he is already unhitched?
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

in the latest video they introduce the dam as Starlet... 18 3 hh... but in then pictures on the right, they mention Darla, 7 yo, as the mother... ????
    I also chuckled about the horse getting loose... as if!! but it makes for such a great commercial!

Since AB sold out to InBev I'm that much more jaded about these things. We did lose our bay clydes at the former AB parks, so I'm pretty sure there was some herd dispersal of some of the AB clydes.

I'm glad they kept the clydes as a symbol but the company isn't the same and now Blackstone, which bought the parks arm (the former Busch Entertainment Corp) is opening the parks up to their first PO, and so they may change hands again, or have controlling interest come under different hands -- so I always worry about changing corporate goals and the potential effects on animals at the parks (Busch, SeaWorld).

I did love the 9/11 tribute -- makes me tear up every time. This one is a bit cheesy for me.

Thank you for posting this link, though, I am glad to have seen the latest clyde commercial. My alltime favorite is probably "they usually go for 2."
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

They did have a dispersal of several of the clydes a few years back. My eyes are leaking too, as they usually do during the AB commercials. They go funny or they go for tear jerkers.

So far my favorite one has been the Born a Donkey commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_td4usL5ZsA
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

2 members found this post helpful.

Love their commercials and this one is awesome.

Here's an assembly of the commercials http://jacksonville.com/content/look...ials-0#slide-1

The gallery is also opened with a brief article on the training of the horses for the commercials, and as I always thought, the 9-11 commercial had only the leaders bowing, CGI made the rest of the team bow. It's just too easy to tangle up all of the gear if the "inside" horses kneel.

One of the commercials on the gallery above doesn't work, but I'm going to look it up. I know I've seen them all, but darned if I can recall one that could be called "Tiny Dancer."

One of the Bud teamsters (and hopefully hasn't been laid off since I heard this last April) grew up showing his family's Belgians at the Oregon State Fair and other events.
    “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.”
    Drew Carey

This was on the evening news. Diane Sawyer said that the name the baby is a little 'she.'

I didn't think I would cry until I saw the man standing in the field with the empty leadrope. It was all downhill from there. Loved the part where the horse was galloping along the fence next to the truck.
    Mon Ogon (Mojo), black/bay 16 H TB Gelding

Not only do I bawl everytime I watch this -- I just called my mom to get her to look at her E-mail and was bawling on the phone listening to her watch it on HER computer and crying!

Oh Gosh, totally made me cry, what a wonderful commercial.

Not to ever miss a good horse story, the Brits do a lovely job:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dale-foal.html

Ok, I cried. I also thought I need to find a clydesdale trainer to date

and from what I have seen, horses really DO love their good trainers that much. We had one that heard the voice of his trainer after YEARS of separation & horse went apesh*t trying to get out of the trailer & out to see him.

ETA: I just watched it -again- & am still bawling. ????
    Last edited by Hippolyta; Feb. 2, 2013 at 01:26 AM.

I'm with the teary-eyed crowd

I had a horse that did the same thing to me (except instead of breaking free from somewhere he ignored his rider who was trying to kick him on) and the memory of that can still make me bawl 17 years later. So this ad totally got to me!

This will dry up the tears and bring a scowl to your face: is the second comment really from Bill O'Reilly?

Me too...a puddle of tears watching this. I lost my 18.2 hh ShireX 18 mos. ago. He was also an orphan and those which you've bottle raised and trained as their "parent" never, ever leave your heart.

Blubber, blubber, blubber...blowing my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDeere View Post
    I can't watch that. I bawl my eyes out.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!