The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Wow...tears here too!!! Wonderful commercial! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Unashamed Member of the Dressage Arab Clique
    CRAYOLA POSSE= Thistle

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

<Huge Lump In Throat> I will not cry at work, I will not cry at work...damn

Thanks, Bravestrom!
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

This one is a tear jerker but the one that really made me bawl was the tribute to the 9/11 victims. That one really calls for a box of tissues.

11 members found this post helpful.

Loved it, teared up like you guys, forwarded it to friends. BUT ALSO noticed the little "inside joke" embedded there that HAD to be intentional, knowing only driving-folk would pick up on it.

When you have your horse hitched, the ONE thing you are taught to never, EVER, EVER do for ANY reason whatsoever no matter what is to TAKE OFF THE BRIDLE while he's still harnessed and hitched!

Which is exactly what you'll see here & how he gets loose. This will of course fly right by anyone but carriage drivers.

This, of course, makes it even MORE endearing!

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by halo View Post
    Who the hell is chopping onions behind me????
    Tell them to knock it off! They're making my eyes water too!
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzywriter View Post
    My saddle fits perfectly well. It might be a little tight around the waist, but I take care of that with those spandex things.

2 members found this post helpful.

What the heck! I am NOT a crier! - but it made me tear up - both times I watched it - Now I will be better prepared come superbowl day with hubby and the guys!

GO NINERS! (says this SF girl!)

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Eboshi View Post
    Loved it, teared up like you guys, forwarded it to friends. BUT ALSO noticed the little "inside joke" embedded there that HAD to be intentional, knowing only driving-folk would pick up on it.

When you have your horse hitched, the ONE thing you are taught to never, EVER, EVER do for ANY reason whatsoever no matter what is to TAKE OFF THE BRIDLE while he's still harnessed and hitched!

Which is exactly what you'll see here & how he gets loose. This will of course fly right by anyone but carriage drivers.

This, of course, makes it even MORE endearing!
    Cool - interesting perspective

Quote Originally Posted by wireweiners View Post
    This one is a tear jerker but the one that really made me bawl was the tribute to the 9/11 victims. That one really calls for a box of tissues.
    This. I can't even describe it to ppl. I just send the link.

1 members found this post helpful.

A real improvement over the 2011 & 2012 commercials. I was very disappointed in those. This one is just as good as the vet being called out of a party and delivering a foal commercial from a number of years back.

Funny, I got something in my eye when I saw that one as well.

oh my....pass the kleenex

I cried, dammit.

Beautiful video.

Quote Originally Posted by wireweiners View Post
    That one really calls for a box of tissues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoxxix0QQdU
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

I'm glad I've got long sleeves on

I thought I was the only one who cried! You all have made me feel so much better!

Why are both pony foals and draftie foals the cutest things ever? Seriously adorable and made me a bit teary-eyed.

Sweet, but not as touching, to me, as the one when the horses bowed to the 9/11 site.

edit to add: thank you for the link jd, I love that commercial.
    Last edited by Gestalt; Jan. 31, 2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Just saw the link above t
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Note to self..

DO NOT watch this while pretending to pay attention in a boring work meeting!

Grrrrr, I hate Budweiser Clydesdale commercials, they always make me cry! This one, the 9/11 one (and most 9/11 tribute stuff has me rolling my eyes at the cheese), the foal who wants to pull the cart and the older Clydes are pushing it for him.. Need to stop before I start crying at work!
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

You and me Appsolute! The only movie that ever made me cry was "Goodbye, My Lady" about the young man finding a strange lost dog (Basenji), developing a relationship with it, and then having to give it up to the owner who lost it. (And then owner says he will send boy a puppy! *sob*)

But on the commercial versus football issue: I mean, really, "glad they saw it so they don't have to watch the game"? Seriously?? Go Niners!! (Even though I am more a Giants (baseball) fan than football fan, so great to see the Niners approaching the level of their past days of glory. If they win, what an achievement: SIX Superbowl wins. Fingers crossed!) (native San Franciscan here!)

Having watched them unhitch a few times, the horse is actually unhooked, but still dressed in his harness. The very first time we watched the unhitching, the remaining horses stood in place while the preceding horse was undressed and loaded. When it came down to the last horse, he was scooching forward a few inches at a time, gazing at the trailer, knowing that he was supposed to stand, but oh, so anxious to hurry up and get on with his pals. That was...30 years ago or so...ohmigawsh.
    The last time we watched, they were much quicker to get the halters on. In all cases, the outfit was surrounded by people, and the horses did not have a place to wander.
    These examples are from exhibition drives that were one-offs - team paraded down the street or around the mall, then put up. When doing multiple performances, of course, the horses will be going to their stalls instead.
    So in theory, it IS possible for a horse to escape and gallop down the street without committing the heinous offense of being unbridled while hooked up.
    “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.”
    Drew Carey