The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Unhappy Ga. Dr passed away, leaving behind a sweet horse that needs a home.....

Has anyone else heard about this?

The following was posted on a FB Group: "Beau-Zeau needs a home. His owner passed away and the family wanted him gone. Vet was called to euthanize but we picked him up before that could happen. Dr Ken Marcella vetted him. He is a 15 y o TB with some lameness issues. He can do easy trail rides but no show jumping any more. He lost his lady now needs a new home to love him forever. He is in a temporary home near the SaveTheHorses rescue farm in Cumming, GA. Your chance to have a sweet TB gelding."

Dr. Gustafson's Tribute Video:
    http://youtu.be/xJKxRe6avWY

[Pictures of Beau-Zeau and Dr. Gustafson: http://www.hoofclix.com/Pine-Top-Far...6508&k=NwsJrSV

Someone needs to give this boy an awesome home!!

1 members found this post helpful.

There are worse things that can happen to a lame horse in this world than a humane end by a qualified veterinarian.....just saying. Does anyone know if Dr. Gustafson made her wishes known regarding what she wanted done with her horse?
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

3 members found this post helpful.

Let me see if I can get the word out. If anyone is interested, I'll be just up the road from the rescue Freebird mentioned this coming Saturday, and would be more than happy to swing by and take a look at him, pics, opinions, whatever.
    I firmly believe that the term "Come here, you little piece of shit" was coined by a horse person chasing an errant poop ball around a stall.

1 members found this post helpful.

Does any Georgia COTHers know what happened? Very sad.