The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question I heard that Seminole Feed Company wasn't doing well - say it ain't so...please?!

Now, I suppose I could find something else to feed, but I have fed Compete Safe for years now, and I LOVE IT. My horses LOVE IT. I am quite happy with my feeding program, but, I just talked to a friend who said that she had to switch to Nutrena because the Seminole truck had stopped coming to our local feedstore. Feedstore owner said that the company was having "issues" and was encouraging his customers to switch. Has anyone else had issues with getting their feed from Seminole??

1 members found this post helpful.

Hello there!

I am an Equine Nutritional Consultant with Seminole Feed and can reassure you that the company is doing quite well. We are growing in size and focused on our marketing strategies and new product development for the future, and are continuing our current feed production with no problems. Our dealer network is expanding and we are moving into new markets as we speak!

If you like, please feel free to contact me with any further questions you may have. I would be more than happy to help. And, thank you for being a loyal Seminole Feed customer! I am glad you are so happy with Compete Safe!

Beth Stelzleni
    bstelzleni@seminolefeed.com

4 members found this post helpful.

VERY nice to know - Thanks!!!!

So happy to hear. My heart was in my throat for a moment. Seminoles Wellness line is by far my go to line of grains. I love that it is milled locally in FL so always fresh with top ingredients and quality control.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Maybe the feed store owner was just going to quit carrying Seminole but instead of going into why, just said the manufacturer was having trouble. (?) In any case, eventinglvr cleared up the misconception. (thank goodness!)
    "...That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear." --Stephen King

Whew.

Seminole is one of the only two complete feeds I'd recommend due to their fixed formula and OPENESS as to exact ingredients and NSC content.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."