The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    OP, for the record, you might want to hide the email address for the aWp screen name. That one is your real name.
    Thank you for the head's up. Could some please point me to the thread that was deleted so I can know what this fuss is about?

Oh puhleeze! Nobody's buying your, 'I'm not that person, so I'm confoozled' twaddle.

You're busted, girlie.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

4 members found this post helpful.

We'll just laugh with you & respect you more if you just own up to it & move on. Lesson learned is a great one that will stand you in good stead from now on:

frank & open honesty is always the best policy, even online!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    This is the third time I've said this

Give them a price sheet.

Lesson price, longeing price, bridle rental price. Whatever. Everything you could possibly do for your clients. They can pay, or they can not ride with you. Their choice. Just like ANY other business or activity. Since you did not set this expectation in advance, all you can do it set it going forward.

If they choose not to pay and ride the horse anyway, it's not your deal.

They have to Pay. You. for your services from now on out. Some amount that you deem fit.

And if you want to retain use of the horse for lessons through the month, then assign a $$ value to that use and consider it credit toward whatever items on your price sheet are allowed for "trades."
    Make sure they pay in advance and that the check clears before you provide any services.

At this point, I really have to laugh. No one can point me to the thread they're talking about, and I have no idea what you are talking about. Even if I were to know, again, how is it relevant?

If anyone would like to private message for information on the barn where I was teaching this morning and their amenities, including a shared computer, I'd be happy to share it provided you use your real name and stop whatever witch trial you think you're holding.

Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by aWp View Post
    ... No one can point me to the thread they're talking about, and I have no idea what you are talking about. Even if I were to know, again, how is it relevant?
    Somebody already did point it out.. see post #61, immediately above your post #62. (But add me to the list of those who think you are already familiar with that thread.)

Um, aWp? Are you just going to skate right on over the fact that the email address used to set up the account of the other screen name you were posting under on this thread is "awp"? Or are we just going to pretend that didn't happen?

There is no point in directing you to the thread, since it was all deleted by ponyrider. But I think you know that.

No need to direct me to your barn website or anything. I found it it with one quick google of your name, which was in the email address you used to set up this account.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

We're not the ones lying. I think someone needs to stop with all the drahmaz, NOT ME, and telling others to grow up when they can't even admit they've been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

You must really think you're all that and a bag of chips, and the rest of us are just a bunch of dumb assholes.

Shared computers don't mean shared e-mail addies.

The other thread has already been referenced in this one, but with all your pearl clutching and denying of guilt, I can see where you might have missed it.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

7 members found this post helpful.

I'm still laughing at this. Really, it's silly at this point. No one here has a similar email address to someone else's screenname?

Again, I've offered to send information to anyone who wants it. No one has taken me up on it. The posts were deleted, it looks like. Again, how is that thread even relevant?

I'm grateful for the feedback on the original post. Right now though, it looks like we've entered that "silly season," and since there's no help here in regard to the original dilemma, why don't you all enjoy yourselves in that small-minded, petty way that only COTH-ers can? You're doing a great job of whatever you think you're doing. I will step away and be sure to triple-check whenever I'm on a shared computer again :-).

OP IMO you are displaying similar logic so I hope you and the house guest can become good friends lol.

Asked if the barn would buy another lesson horse? She shouldn't need to lease a horse for her daughter to take lessons on. What sense does it make if her daughter cannot/will not ride on her own? None to me.

Sorry but I do not see these people as out to get you, I think you need to relax. Also... they may well have friends they would refer to you for lessons. So be professional and polite about it... it may pay off $$$$ wise later.

Is the horse in question very large by any chance or do I have my houseguests mixed up?

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Is the horse in question very large by any chance or do I have my houseguests mixed up?
    It can not be, Laurie. The OP feels comfortable putting schooling rides in on it. If the horse was large that would not be the case.

2 members found this post helpful.

Well, I sure was asleep at the wheel this morning. Good catch, COTH.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I'm going to backcharge a former BO for charging me $1400/mo and NOT providing a "barn computer". I think $50/mo is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by aWp View Post
    I'm still laughing at this. Really, it's silly at this point. No one here has a similar email address to someone else's screenname?
    Well, I don't think anyone at my barn, or any barn I have EVER been at, has or has had "meupatdoes," "meepers", "meup," "meu", "meu17," "meup2749," anything even close to my real life initials ("CTH," "CETH," "CT25"), or anything remotely similar to my LLC name ("GSR," "GSR15" etc etc) in their email address. All those opportunities for someone at my same barn to use "my" initials in their email addresses and yet miraculously it has not happened.

This is why monogramming works.
    Because it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that there will be two "AWP"s in the SAME BARN.

I bet y'all get your coolers mixed up ALL. THE TIME.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by gumshoe View Post
    I'm going to backcharge a former BO for charging me $1400/mo and NOT providing a "barn computer". I think $50/mo is fair.
    Citizens, return to your homes.

The internet has been won for today.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    This is why monogramming works.
    Because it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that there will be two "AWP"s in the SAME BARN.
    I bet y'all get your coolers mixed up ALL. THE TIME.
    BWAhahahahah Score one for Meup. Very funny.

I know this is rapidly devolving into entertainment and I usually try not to "go there", but screw it I'm entertained. But I have to admit I'm having trouble connecting the dots between the two threads.

So is the theory that ponyrider's horse from the other thread (Mr. Too-Tall) is the one she's using for this client and her other lessons? And if ponyrider = AWP, does AWP actually own Mr. Too-Tall? None of the current thread makes sense, if that is the case. Or did AWP maybe advise the client to buy Mr. Too-Tall (because she listened to advice from the Dishonest Former Trainer), and now she's under pressure from the client because he's not an appropriate mount. Or is pony/AWP just fabricating stories from whole cloth?
    In theory, yes, but the difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality but, in reality, there is a difference.

2 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Well to be fair we were due one of these threads. It has been awhile.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

3 members found this post helpful.

AWP, I guess at this point if you really want to know what happened in the other thread, you can just find ponyrider and ask her. She's the one in your barn with the big 5 year old horse. If that bit of info isn't enough for you to be able to figure it out, you can always walk around the barn asking everyone who owns a horse if they are ponyrider. "Are YOU Ponyrider? No? Ok..moving on." "Hey, are YOU ponyrider? No? Damn..."

You should probably make up a secret handshake and stuff once you suss each other out.

Take my advice though, to keep from having to look too long and hard, start in the bathroom. And look in the mirror.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

11 members found this post helpful.

Let me go get the beer and chips.....BRB