The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default La Mundial boots

Has anyone else had trouble with boots they ordered from La Mundial boot company?

There have been many threads in the H/J forum on this company. They also post on COTH.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

I love the boots that I got from them but the customer service is nightmare.

I have really wanted a pair of these boots! But I've been seeing so many negative comments lately regarding their customer service. So I guess the question is... are the boots worth some headaches regarding the customer service????

It took them three tries to get the size of my foot correct.

Other than that, they are lovely boots.

I do not know of many customer service folks who would remake boots two times. Their customer service was very good. However, if they had someone who could take the correct measurements the first time, they would not have had to remake them again and again.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

I have two pairs. First pair - had to send them back due to not being made correctly. It took close to 10 months to get my first pair. The measurements were spot on - it was the craftsmen that messed up.

Second pair - had them measured by the president, himself! The calf is too big. Rather than deal with the company again - I'm going to take them to a leather guru and have them tweaked.

The company has gotten too big, too fast. They just moved their manufacturing facility to a bigger place in Equador. Another thing to note - they purchased equipment that will be making part of the boots now - they won't be hand made as they have been in the past. I forsee some MAJOR headaches coming in the next months.

Other than all of the issues - they are lovely boots. I can't buy anything off the rack...so having a pair that are custom and don't cost me an arm, leg and torso...well - I will deal with the headaches.
    Heather
    Green Cove Springs, FL

Thank you everyone for all your input.

They made me some gorgeous boots! They arrived in about 3 months, but are too tight in the calf. I can get then done up, without socks and my thinest pants and within minutes my legs are numb. I decided against sending them back but will be getting them stretched or altered somehow locally.

They have made me 3 great pairs of h/j boots over the past 3 years, all off the same set of measurements. I just ordered a pair of dressage boots, using the same measurements, so am hoping for equally great results. Will let you know. If they come out well, you really can't beat the price, especially for those of us who can't buy off the rack.

I've ordered two pairs from them and they are both perfect. The first was a pair of dressage competition boots. My old boots are over 25 years old - yeah, it was time for a new pair. A year later I ordered a second pair - everyday boots - brown field boots with a black trim. They fit like a glove and I get a ton of compliments on them.

My secret to a good fit, is to wear the thickest pair of britches and socks you may ride in when you're being measured. That always gives me that bit of wiggle room that I may need from time to time.

They also did a really good job at repairing a pair of boots I had. They did exactly what I need them to do, which no one else in the area was able to do.

So great service and a great product at a very reasonable price.

I have known people who had great luck and beautiful boots from them, and others with much less success. My trainer got a super nice pair, but they were months later than estimated. One other woman at my barn is waiting for a pair - they are a month late now.

I had less success. Three pairs before they were right. I'm pretty sure the first pair was not *even* mine. Waaaay too short.