The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anybody ride in the new HDR Pro Buffalo with the adjustabe gullet system?

I really like my HDR Lexus but need a more narrow tree. Curious about this new model saddle.
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club! RIP my dear Avery ~3/21/1995-9/21/2011~

Extreme Cat!!! 2006 OTTB
    Magic Cat - Final Demand

IDK about the pro buffalo I didn't get to try it, but Lynnda at Classic Saddlery recommended three to me based on my body type, the lexus, the Austal, and the new Lexus monoflap. She said they all ride similar and would fit my body type. she ended up sending me the austal (also adjustable gullet system) and I LOVE it. Great soft grippy leather, very comfy, well built. My boy seems to love it too. So based on what she was telling me, if you like the lexus, maybe look at those other two.

gb - I can't read/reply to pm's because I CANNOT get rid of the f*())_)_g smartpak ad!!! so.. in answer to your question, I am short only 5 ft 1.5 in (yes I count the half in!). My legs are average for my height but I needed a saddle that lets me sit a little more forward so my legs would actually come in contact with the blocks. In most saddles that doen't have a forward balance point, I just couldn't make use of the blocks. And in some of them it was hard to be effective with my legs becuase they would want to creep in front of me. I made do for years with saddles with adjustable blocks that I would bring back to my legs, but my weight was still not being carried in the optimal spot in the saddle for me.