The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bought something yesterday only to get an email saying my cart was full and did I want to make a purchase? Now I have to call them to find out if I really bought something or not...

1 members found this post helpful.

I just did a chat with them to find out the status of a return and their system is currently down.

LetItBe
    Crayola Posse: Violet Blue

I love the store and am lucky to have one within 20 minutes from my house but they don't have the closeout items in the store. I ordered a bunch this last cataloge and received my winter coat and riding pants no problem and am thrilled with them. I saved a ton of $$. The tall boots were on backorder until Jan 6th...I dontacted them mid January and they said Jan 17th...now it's Feb 8th. Hoping that I get them soon. I had ordered a cooler on sale over 2 months ago and they said it was backordered for about a week. Well now the expected date is in April so needless to say I cancelled it. What was really annoying is that they don't even bother to email when your stuff is pushed back to a later date. Smartpak's service is amazing but they don't have great closeouts like Dover.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttonwillow View Post
    Bought something yesterday only to get an email saying my cart was full and did I want to make a purchase? Now I have to call them to find out if I really bought something or not...
    Just an update, I finally got around to calling Dover and they said they'd been having a lot of issues like mine, but my order had been placed and should arrive tomorrow. So that makes me happy, yay! Very pleasant customer service. I suppose I will order from them again.

I was also able (finally!!!!) to place my order yesterday...but a lot of the items I would have purchased were now sold out. So, needless to say, my order was a lot smaller than what it would have been if I had ordered last week.

Dover's loss.

I try to order as much as I can from Smartpak since my supplements come from there, and the shipping is way more reasonable. I just spent $23 in shipping to Dover this time for standard! Outrageous.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I had never had that many issues ordering from them in the past. I LOVE the store in Dallas when I can get to it, and prefer to shop there.
    Unashamed Member of the Dressage Arab Clique
    CRAYOLA POSSE= Thistle

my tall boots that were ordered on December 26th and backordered until January 6th, then 15th, then Feb 8th are now discontinued and they can't get more so they are mailing me back a gift card for the balance since I used a gift card for the purchase...I really don't like their online business they should have known about the boots much earlier and now all of the sales are over. I will be going into the store to spend the money in person I don't trust ordering online.