The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Donate to Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance- help Marin Humane Society

I am starting a separate thread so that this does not get lost in the original Jill Burnell/Gray Fox Farm thread. I have to say that I have been blown away with how our breeding community has come together to not only help fellow breeders who were wronged, but to help make sure there is funding for Marin County Humane Society, who in less than a couple of months time, got the ball rolling to help these horses. Something that the previous county wouldn't or couldn't do. Right now we are compiling a list of breedings, items and services that can be donated and auctioned off.

Jos is in the process of setting up an auction page so that others can donate whatever they have available or wish to donate. We have structured the page to say that the funds will be used for care, seizure, legal fees, etc. I know that it can sometimes be difficult to earmark funds specifically for some organizations. If it can go to legal, all the better. But if not, just being able to help out the horses and get things moving in the right direction, it's all good. And besides...if it all falls to pieces, there are certainly other causes that can be supported through Leg-Up, yes? . There's always a place or a person who will need help...wish it weren't the case, but unfortunately, life isn't always easy.

If you are a stallion owner who is interested in donating a breeding to your stallion to the Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance to be auction off, those funds will then be earmarked for Marin County and the horses of Gray Fox Farm.
    We welcome donations from all breeds too

The auction won't be limited to just stallion services. Someone have a dose or two of frozen semen they want to donate? They can do that too. Just make sure you make it clear who is responsible for the shipping etc.

Do you have an item or services you are willing to donate. We would be happy to include that as well.

We have donated our services to build a website for the auction and other items and services are quickly coming in.
    Get creative and email us with your suggestion.
    auction@leg-up.org
    Last edited by alliekat; Jan. 2, 2013 at 09:41 AM.
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

5 members found this post helpful.

Here is a list of the stallions and services that have been donated already. Keep checking back, as new items are being added regularly. Once Jos and Kathy are done with the Auction site, I will llink that too.

http://www.leg-up.org/marin-county-f...tion-page.html

If you have an item or service to donate you can email us the details to:
    auction@leg-up.org
    Thanks again for the continued support!
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Bump - please donate - cash and/or auction items (some of the Stallion Services auctions closing soon, others over the next few days).

Marin Humane Society has gone to bat for these horses - and won a first step in court this week (it is expected to be a long road). A small army of SOs and volunteers have put together this amazing fund raising effort. Please support the legal and care costs needed to protect these horses. Many are mares in foal.

If you want to make a cash donation, I found the process super easy.

Stallion Services:
    http://www.legup-auction.org/cgi-bin...gory=stallions

Cash Donations button and overview:

Link to other Auction items:

Story here:
    http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/c...ues-arise.aspx

Thank you!

As I have noted in other threads, we deliberately staggered the auctions so that no two items closed at the exact same time. And, so that no one has to be up in the middle of the night, the last item each day will close BEFORE midnight EST !

So, here is a list of items that are closing this evening! Let's see if we can make this happen in a BIG way! With 3 of the 4 horses seized at UC Davis, you KNOW that bill is NOT going to be cheap. Let's make sure that there is sufficient funds to make sure they don't suffer for the stupidity of anyone involved.

Leg-Up Auction to Benefit the Marin Humane Society - items closing Thursday Jan 10 2013

Please note that although the closing times are indicate below, an item receiving a bid remains open for an additional 5 minutes to allow further bids. The bidding will actually close 5 minutes after the last bid is made.

A photography session and the resulting photos by Kelsey Sullivan 9:10 pm EST
    1 Breeding to the Hanoverian Stallion, Ridley 9:25 pm EST
    1 Breeding to the Hanoverian stallion, Argosy 9:40 pm EST
    1 Breeding to the Oldenburg stallion, Edward Scissorhands d'Avalon 9:55 pm EST
    1 Breeding to the Oldenburg stallion, Legaczy 10:10 pm EST
    1 Dose - Wolkentanz I Frozen Semen 10:25 pm EST

Good LUCK everyone !
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

1 members found this post helpful.

The ponies on the SSA are so stinking CUTE!!! Makes me wish I had a pony mare to breed to .
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Quote Originally Posted by acottongim View Post
    The ponies on the SSA are so stinking CUTE!!! Makes me wish I had a pony mare to breed to .
    They "are" addictive! <LOL>.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by acottongim View Post
    I was thinking the same thing....although I do have a nice TB mare that would cross well with a Welsh.

Oh don't - I've been sitting on my hands over Telynau Bronze Statue. I don't have a mare to breed to him but his bloodlines are too exquisite to resist!

We bought our kids a pony for Christmas...a mare. We weren't going to breed her but I just couldn't resist bidding! Pony babies are the CUTEST!! Can somebody please go outbid me before my husband files for divorce

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by foxhavenfarm View Post
    I was thinking the same thing....although I do have a nice TB mare that would cross well with a Welsh.
    Not to be an enabler or anything ...but these are foals by our pony stallions and out of Warmblood & Thoroughbred mares!

The first bay is out of a TB dam. The grey is out of a Hanoverian dam. The second bay is out of a Hungarian WB dam. The chestnut is out of a TB mare amd the last bay is also out of a TB mare.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	allheart.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	37497Click image for larger version. 

Name:	encore.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	37498Click image for larger version. 

Name:	princessofhearts2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	37499Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ariel.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	37500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	harleystanding5.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	37501
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Malone View Post
    Oh don't - I've been sitting on my hands over Telynau Bronze Statue. I don't have a mare to breed to him but his bloodlines are too exquisite to resist!
    I have the prettiest TB mare, every time I look at him I wonder what their foal would look like!

Such amazing stallions. And I agree, the pony stallions are adorable.

It is a good thing I do not have a broodmare or I would be in lots of trouble.

What an amazing opportunity for those who do breed though. Great stallions and helping a good cause.

Seriously - if I still had one of my pony mares I bred, or if little old Angel wasn't in her 40's at this point I'd be bidding on one of them!
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Malone View Post
    Let me enable you

I have a welsh pony by him who also was used for a stud for several years -- my pony is now gelded but I have a welsh mare and partbred welsh gelding by my guy which would make them the grandkids of Telynau Bronze Statue.

This is the FB link to my gelding by Telynau Bronze Statue: http://www.facebook.com/Nefeda#!/med...7545710&type=3 He is 13 hh

This is the FB link to my welsh mare by my guy which would make her Telynau Bronze Statue's granddaughter http://www.facebook.com/Nefeda#!/med...7545710&type=3 She is 12.1 hh

My coming 3 year old partbred (again Telynau Bronze Statue grandkid) is going to stay a large. Dam was a quarter horse.

All move extremely well, have great temperaments. Great kids ponies. In fact if I had a pony mare to breed other than his granddaughter I would be bidding against you.

He should keep the size down on non-pony mares
    Richard, Approved Black KWPN Stallion
    Website
    and Facebook page
    Oh Kaptain Underpants SFS, Approved BRp pony stallion
    Website and Facebook page

Deadline is tonight for these auctions (I may have missed some, check out link for all items):

Holsteiner Stallion, Balt'Amour
    Hanoverian/Welsh Stallion, Encredible
    Oldenburg stallion, Mannhattan
    Cremello Welsh Pony (Section A) stallion, Rosmels Creme De Mint
    Wolkenstein II Frozen Semen

http://www.legup-auction.org/main

Enabling away.

I like this Google pay once Kathy walked me through it... LOL
    ~ Bill Rube ~
    http://www.bydesignfarm.com
    Check us out on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    Deadline is tonight for these auctions (I may have missed some, check out link for all items):

Holsteiner Stallion, Balt'Amour
    Hanoverian/Welsh Stallion, Encredible
    Oldenburg stallion, Mannhattan
    Cremello Welsh Pony (Section A) stallion, Rosmels Creme De Mint
    Wolkenstein II Frozen Semen

http://www.legup-auction.org/main

Enabling away.
    Can I ask a question to all the SO's donating - is it ok for a mare owner to place a bid if they're only looking to breed in 2014 and not in 2013? Is there an "expiry" on these auction-won breedings?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ASBJumper View Post
    Can I ask a question to all the SO's donating - is it ok for a mare owner to place a bid if they're only looking to breed in 2014 and not in 2013? Is there an "expiry" on these auction-won breedings?
    Before you bid, you should contact the Stallion Owner directly. For our own stallion, I stipulated that the contract is good for 2 years. I saw some stallions on there that had contracts good for 3 years, etc. But it's probably best to contact them and ask, to make sure!
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Quote Originally Posted by ASBJumper View Post

Thanks!
    The contracts on our stallions (Avalon Equine) are for three years. So, you have a few years to use them. But as Daventry said - contact the stallion owner to be sure.

Okay, here's the link to the "items" that are ending tonight! BID BID BID !

Good luck everyone!

===============
    Fri Jan 11 21:10:00 2013

21:10:00 2013 EST or 5 minutes after last bid 1 Dose - Wolkenstein II Frozen Semen
    21:25:00 2013 EST or 5 minutes after last bid 1 Breeding to the Holsteiner Stallion, Balt'Amour
    21:40:00 2013 EST or 5 minutes after last bid 1 Breeding to the Hanoverian/Welsh Stallion, Encredible
    21:55:00 2013 EST or 5 minutes after last bid 1 Breeding to the Oldenburg stallion, Mannhattan
    22:10:00 2013 EST or 5 minutes after last bid 1 Breeding to the Cremello Welsh Pony (Section A) stallion, Rosmels Creme

The contract for my stallion is good for 2 years and I'm very easy going I've always honored contracts and as long as the mare owner keeps me in the loop I'm easy to work with.