The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 7yo Thoroughbred Mare - Free to Good Home

Tout de Suite - 2006 Bay Mare - 15.3hh
    Regal Sanction x Sweetgeorgiabrown by Mazel Trick

Located in Clinton, NJ

Was in race training as a two and three year old but never made it to the racetrack, breezed a handful of times on the farm but just did not want to be a racehorse. Trail rides and started over fences (willing but timid). Very sweet and a pretty mover, quiet.

We've had her since she was a baby and she's never sufferered any injuries, very sound. Currently barefoot and out in the field with a group of mares, gets pulled in every couple months and gets ridden with babies that have just been started under saddle.

Looking for a good home. E-mail me: mintano @ hotmail dot com or feel free to message me here.

Photo's
    Videos
    Last edited by mintano; Feb. 4, 2013 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Added Links

Where is she located?
    Heidi A. Lord
    Fast First Farm Richlands, NC
    Facebook: fastfirstfarm

Updated post, location would be helpful! She is in Clinton, NJ.

How soon are you looking for her to go? I'm in MA, would love to gone down and see the mare move, possibly to go Mar 1?
    The Rodeo Project - Tracking an Event Horse

I worked with the 2010 Sweetgeorgiabrown filly - sweet filly so if they are getting their temperament from the dam, this mare should be a sweetheart as well!

Do you have any pictures?
    Cornerstone Equestrian
    Home of Amazing (Balou du Rouet/Voltaire)
    KWPN, ISR/Old NA, RPSI, and IHF stallion
    www.cornerstonefarmpa.com

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...ibrary/Tootsie

Unfortunately don't have many photo's of her, this weeked we're going to bring her in and get some more pictures and a few video's of her.

Original post updated with links to photo's/video's.

Awww, she is SO CUTE!!!

WHY do I always come across so many amazing free horses when I'm NOT LOOKING FOR ONE??!! argh!

Adorable!

I don't need another horse.... I don't need another horse.... I don't need another horse....
    Celtic Charisma (R.I.P) ~ http://flickr.com/photos/rockandracehorses/2387275281
    Proud owner of "The Intoxicated Moose!"
    "Hope is not an executable plan" ~ My Mom
    I love my Dublin-ator

Interesting that she appears to have the mare Brulette twice in her dam line-- directly in the dam line (dam of desert sun) and through Vaguely Noble.

http://www.reines-de-course.com/Arti...B/Brulette.htm

"We have been on the fence about naming Brulette a Reine-de-Course because her influence is not as deeply felt in the U. S. as some other matrons. However, it is absolutely necessary to recognize some of the sounder families as well as some of the more brilliant ones, for when all the soundness is gone - and make no mistake it is rapidly going - we need to know where to turn for the kind of substance that families like Brulette's provide. So if you happen across a cast-off daughter of Rampage or mare with a line of the much maligned Astray, look her over carefully. You might have the answer to one of the most important questions of the upcoming century, and that is where to start building some strength back into what has essentially become a very fragile animal.

For her substance and classic contributions, we thus name Brulette and her daughters Tropical Sun and Desert Sun II as Reines-de-Course. We will have our fingers crossed as tightly as possible that we can one day return to this family to add the wonderful All Along to the list."
    Last edited by omare; Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM.

2 members found this post helpful.

Tootsie has found a home, many thanks to all who were interested in her! We do have another mare available, will put a post together for her this weekend when we can get a chance to get better pictures and video of her. For anyone who might be interested she's very similar to the other mare, this one did race, we've had her since she was a baby as well, retired sound. Bolder over fences than the other mare. This one would most likely fit best as a jumper/eventer.

1 members found this post helpful.

Default free mare

Quote Originally Posted by mintano View Post
    Tootsie has found a home, many thanks to all who were interested in her! We do have another mare available, will put a post together for her this weekend when we can get a chance to get better pictures and video of her. For anyone who might be interested she's very similar to the other mare, this one did race, we've had her since she was a baby as well, retired sound. Bolder over fences than the other mare. This one would most likely fit best as a jumper/eventer.
    Hello,if you still have any mares available could you please give me info. I'm looking for a few thoroughbred mares to raise some beautiful babies. Thank you