The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default A little update on my new boy :)

I haven't posted for a while about my boy, Rouletto. Back in October, I purchased a new horse after I found out that my 2nd level gelding needed a lesser workload and wouldn't be able to continue showing at the level that I wanted.

Anyways, (with some hand holding by a few COTH members) I settled on a 2 year year old gelding by Routinier out of a Lancaster mare. I named him Rouletto, and he has been such a joy to work with, and by far the nicest young horse I've had, and all of COTH was right when they let me know that Routinier threw very nice tempered youngsters. He's 2.5 years old now, just under 16.1hh. He's going in to get started around July/August of this year. In the mean time, we are getting to know each other and playing around with polos, bridles, scary stuff and ground manners

Here's a video clip of him from yesterday in the snow (sorry about quality - its off my phone)
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151477620560259

And here's his first try with polos (of course I have to do fluorescent orange! Go big or go home )
    http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...88943662_n.jpg

Anyways, just thought I'd share
    In my opinion, a horse is the animal to have. 1300 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs - it's something you just can't get from a pet hamster.

Oh my god, look at that trot! Beautiful.

He is lovely!! LOVE that trot!! Looks like you have lots of snow where you are

Awh thank you I think he'll turn out pretty cute!
    In my opinion, a horse is the animal to have. 1300 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs - it's something you just can't get from a pet hamster.

I'm going to have to show this video to my horse and ask why HE doesn't use his turnout as an opportunity to practice his suspension.

2 members found this post helpful.

He is GORGEOUS!!! Big boy! What a wonderful trot! And did he throw a few flying changes in there toward the corner? Gorgeous. have fun

Thank you - I'm getting super excited to see what he's like undersaddle! And yes, a few quick changes

I love him! What a nice mover. His name is really cool and I love the orange polos, that is something I would do as well!

Quote Originally Posted by TBPONY View Post
    I love him! What a nice mover. His name is really cool and I love the orange polos, that is something I would do as well!
    LOL-thank you. I had the opportunity to pick his registered name myself, so I played around with the R names quite a bit and settled on Rouletto - glad someone else likes it!!