The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default For you dressage Peeps! Quarab wins 2012 I2 national championship (video)

Quarab KB Jull Fahim (KB Omega Fahim++++// & Wild Irish Rose)
    3 time FEI national championship daughter follows her 4 time FEI national championship sire. Trainer/rider Chelsey Sibley.
    Score 65.263%
    http://youtu.be/ncK0ZOoJNdo

Sweet!!!!! I have a Quarab and he is wonderful! So happy to see him go so far!
    Unashamed Member of the Dressage Arab Clique
    CRAYOLA POSSE= Thistle

1 members found this post helpful.

you had me for a minute, until I realized you meant Arabian National Championships, where there were only 4 horses in the I2 class in 2012.

Show me an Arabian winning at I2 against other breeds, and *then* I'll jump for joy.

3 members found this post helpful.

What a good boy, what a big heart.

Arabians and mixes are just entering this discipline in a substantial way. I look at SCORES not so much the number of horses when we compete. We have shown less in the Open world but Jull managed to be the top scoring 4th level Chapter 7 horse in 09 at 71+% besting many warmbloods in a very competitive region. I am in hopes Chelsey will take her to the CDS championships this year. She is new at these higher levels of dressage (I2 and GP) so I am in hopes of more consistency and better overall movements this year. I have no problem exposing her and competing in the Open World. I see it as an opportunity to expose the public to Arabians. I am also proud of her accomplishments irregardless of her breeding.

2 members found this post helpful.

So exciting!! I just got a 5 year old mare by a Padron's Mahogany son who was out of MHR Miz Elef..(all performance and halter lines for generations), and her mother is a QH Cremello (she is a dark sooty buckskin). She is 15:3 and has unbelievable dressage movement, and I can't wait to get her going.

Congratulations to KB Jull Fahim!!

clbailey54 do you have links to other video?
    I find the blur on this one very distracting.

It is not fuzzy when I pull it but under maryelainekerrigan on youtube you can see all Jull and sire Omega's FEI videos. Try youtube direct. Kerriganbloodstock.com also has video links. I hope this helps and thanks for watching!

Cute little horse! I have a 1/2 Arabian prospect myself, wish Chelsea was closer to me! Hope to see your horses at the shows. Big congratulations on your success.

Here is Jull's sire PB Arabian KB Omega Fahim++++// performing a GP freestyle. He has won all FEI levels at the Arabian Sport Horse Nationals (2008 and 2010)while at this point Jull has won PSG, I1 and I2. He has also been USDF All Breeds Champion for all FEI levels. He is quite talented. Chelsey Sibley rode and trained him too.
    http://youtu.be/AfnH8diCXuw

you had me for a minute, until I realized you meant Arabian National Championships, where there were only 4 horses in the I2 class in 2012.

Show me an Arabian winning at I2 against other breeds, and *then* I'll jump for joy.
    Well, OK. Point taken.
    But what I really appreciate about how the Arabian horse show folks have gone about the 'dressage' part of their Sport Horse participation and promotion, is that they are using 'real' USEF tests and judges, rather than making it some 'division' with its own special rules and not really dressage judges. So hypothetically, when your Arabian comes home from Regionals with a Sport Horse division ribbon, great...and a First Level test with a 73% score, we know you've probably got First Level down pretty well.

thanks. I appreciate this as well.......it would be a farce to have scoring systems based on different breeds (JMHO). I wish there were more FEI Arabian horses but I really look at scores as a sincere gauge to how we are doing. Funny thing is my horses seem to be doing better at Open shows which seems weird. I look at their USDF yearly scores take the average to determine where they are. Jull's average I2 score in 2012 was 63+% so I think this is about her placement. She just started GP so it will be interesting to see this years scores. So much harder at these levels but I am just thankful to be a little fish in a big pond of some very big fish. I certainly never though a Quarab would have a chance to even be in the pond. It has been a great journey with a great horse!