The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think it has blown over, counting on the last bit to bypass us - after all, they went back to regular TV, right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

My husband and I were woken up around 3am to our phones blowing up with weather and tornado alerts. It was a good thing they did, too. We turned on the TV and pretty soon they were reporting a rain-wrapped funnel cloud identified heading over our road. That was the first time I've ever been in the direct, forecasted line of a tornado.

Luckily the funnel cloud didn't touch down, but that was a little too close for comfort. I know I wouldn't have woken up until it was too late.

Also, thanks to the wake-up from my phone blowing up, I was able to re-secure the tarp on my hay at 3am before things started getting ugly. Win!
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

It came through here starting at about 10 pm. The wind was ferocious and the rain came as predicted, but otherwise, all was well. Today is lovely. Wet but lovely.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

in norther western NC, and it is on it's way in atm. Managed to get one set done this morning but now we've got winds, rain at times, and it is starting to cool off from our great 70 degree day yesterday

About to hit us up here... Power just flickered actually.
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

Nothing happened, we're fine

Tornado hit Adairsville, GA. Hope everyone's OK there. In case anyone's hauling today - Interstate 75 is SHUT DOWN both northbound and southbound at Adairsville until further notice. (Lots of damage on the highway apparently.)
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Western NC here....and it REALLY kicked up about an hour ago....crazy wind, super heavy rain (I had to walk from one building on campus back to my office after teaching, and I'm completely drenched). Hoping my pony is tucked into her stall with lots of hay....and that my pup at home is okay. Poor girl.

We're on the front end of it right now....a few more hours to go, it looks like on the radar screen.

I'm right by GIHP and it should be hitting us in just a few minutes
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

Hoping everyone stays safe today. Those of you in harm's way now, I am sending Virginia jingles your way that it passes quietly. I am safely in a large building, and a friend of the teenage kiddos is driving my two over here to stay with me around 4:30, but that means the dog, cat and parrot are going to be toughing it out alone. Argh!
    Hopefully by the time they blow through here it will be just some wind and rain. Fingers crossed!
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

I am in montgomery county, md, and the alert system just sent severe t-storm, tornado and flash flood messages. Hatten down the batches, y'all.

The cold's coming folks. Single digit lows and sub zero wind chills forecast for overnight Thursday into Friday in the OH valley.