The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Another Motivation to Ride

I'd better get my butt in gear, find a traienr, and start taking Rico out for lessons. I just took the plunge and ordered these in brown: http://www.dogwoodlondon.co.uk/shop/...ress-boot.html

I've been pining for brown tall boots for years - so finally took the plunge.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

Sigh, I would like to go back to my old instructor for lessons...and I have a brand new trailer.... but I'm afraid she will say "And have you done ANYTHING in the last 2 and a half years?"
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

OOOH! Those sure are pretty

What did they run you in US $?
    ~* Life is the dance you choose *~

Oh, those are really nice! Can you please report back and tell us how they fit/feel once you get them?

Thanks!!

Yes please let us know how you like them!! I too am dying for a pair of brown boots (but then I would need a brown helmet too! ) but they are gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    Sigh, I would like to go back to my old instructor for lessons...and I have a brand new trailer.... but I'm afraid she will say "And have you done ANYTHING in the last 2 and a half years?"
    This is exactly what I am thinking of doing, and am in the exact same position, although we are further along now than we were 2 years ago - at least at home. I really like this particular trainer, although she did not seem to like my horse very much when she saw his Jekyll/Hyde personality the first time I took him off farm.

Oh well, I am going to bite the bullet and ask her to give him another chance. I'll just have to do my homework and take him off farm as much as possible to see if he'll eventually be able to take it in stride and be rideable. He's awesome at home.
    Witherun Farm

Quote Originally Posted by reefy! View Post
    OOOH! Those sure are pretty

What did they run you in US $?
    Today's exchange rate said $279.85 (including shipping.)
    Witherun Farm

Wow. That's very reasonable!

Everyone in Florida seemed to be schooling in brown boots! And there were lots of brown, even multicolored boots on display at the trade show at WDM/GDFNA.

Those are lovely!!! I really like them a lot and the price is super reasonable. I hope you love them when you get them and definitely give us an update when they get here. (A couple of weeks ago, I saw a pair of amazing navy blue dress boots with rhinestone detail. I swear, on everything that I hold dear to me, that I am going to get a pair of those when I can afford them.)

And as an aside, and totally off topic, everyone loved the pig saddle pad when I showed it to them!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

PUHLEASE!!! Come back and post when you get them. I am seriously drooling over them. I love brown, wish I had my saddle in brown. I hope they are as nice as they look and thank you for the link

i've never seen brown tall boots before, those are gorgeous!!

Hey Trevelyan96 - did you ever get your pretty new brown boots? Inquiring minds want to know!

Default Update on Boots

I must apologize - my boots came about a month ago, but I've been so slammed at work that I've neglected giving an update.n Sorry I don't have a picture - My trainer has had a broken wrist since I got them and she's the only person who ever sees them on my legs. But the picture on the websie is dead accurate.

So let me tell you about the boots!

I LOVE them! They're really comfortable, slim fit through the ankle and fit almost perfectly, and a georgeous shade of dark chocolate brown.

Fit - The measurement chart is dead accurate! I did my own measurements in the office using a piece of string and ruler. By the chart, I came out to a size 36 foot, regular width and short height. They fit pretty darn near perfect. If I wanted to be uber picky, I'd say there is a barely noticeable gap at the very top. I might have been able to go up to a regular height to allow for some drop, but at the moment the fit is almost exactly the same as my custom boots.

The foot is made for a standard B width. If you're feet are the least bit wide, they will probably not work out.

Leather is a matte finish and doesn't have that polished sheen of a fine pair of italian shoes, but I haven't really tried polishing them up to a good shine yet either. I have a feeling they would probably shine up well if I put some effort into it.

I've worn them for a few lessons - no break in needed, they're comfortable right out of the box and my trainer and a few other laides who've seen them think they are just lovely.

Workmanship is very good - my only complaint is that the zipper doesn't have much of a pull on it, and they're snug enough fit that I need some leverage. I probably can fix this with a small piece of leather attached to the pull, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Basically, I like them enough to show in them, so once I find a brown helmt to fit my pea sized head and get myself and the might steed in shape, I'll be rocking the brown!
    Witherun Farm

2 members found this post helpful.

Cool boots!! Have you tried an I.D. badge lanyard for a zipper pull? If the snap fits thru the eye of the zipper it works great.

Thank you for letting us know of the quality! Now I have to decide if I want to take the plunge (getting my new black boots broken in now). I would really, really love a pair of these!

Curses on all of you for reviving this thread! I already have a pair of perfectly good tall boots, and paddock boots, and I should probably put some money into non-horse related footwear/purchases at some point....

I'm thinking of buying a brown saddle - I love that brown is coming back, those boots are gorgeous!
    "There are times when you can trust a horse, times when you can't, and times when you have to."

My filly will be getting a brown saddle. And I want a backup pair of boots for when my zippers break (because they will, I'm sure!) These are tempting...
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

you've convinced me. I've ordered a pair and if I like them enough, I'll be ordering a second.
    yay!
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

My boots just arrived and they are everything the OP said! I can't wait to ride in them tomorrow!
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble