The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Everyone who is waiting....

Where is everyone who is waiting for their 2013 foals to arrive? I do recall there being a few other newbies, like myself, on here who are waiting for their first foals.... where are you?? I want to be able to share pictures and our experiences from this amazing journey, and eventually getting to show our brag pictures when they finally arrive!

Please let me know how your girls are doing and show pictures of those BIG bellies!!

I'm not awaiting my first, but my third now, my mare Suburbanite xx is due with a Limoncello II foal. The due date is March 29, 2012. I am extremely excited about this foal. The mare has produced many hunter breeding champions. Who is your mare in foal to? If you PM me we can hook up on FB I am horrible at over posting photos~!
    First and foremost about the horse.
    Rose Bud Ranch Sporthorses
    Like Us On Facebook!

Not sure if you know about the Coth Foal Nursery page on Facebook?
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/COTHfoalnursery/
    http://www.mariposasporthorses.com/

Practice! Patience! Persistence!

2 members found this post helpful.

rodawn, thanks for sharing, I'm a member of the group but I didn't have the link :-)
    First and foremost about the horse.
    Rose Bud Ranch Sporthorses
    Like Us On Facebook!

Rodawn-- Thank you and yes, I have! However, it seems more like a brag page for foals that have already arrived (but do not get me wrong-- I love, love, LOVE the page and looking at all the babies!!).... and I want to connect with those who are expecting.

Rosebudranch-- I will PM you! I tend to go a bit crazy with pictures also! But the more the merrier..... My mare Allie (JC name Luckysmiteymite... yes, aweful! Lol) is due April 29th with a foal out of Gatsby. My mare is a maiden so this is a first for the both of us. This baby has been a long time coming (it was over 3 years ago that I decided that I definitely wanted a baby out of her.... but then it took me a long time to make the final decision on the stallion) and I absolutely cannot wait to meet him/her!

My mare is about 6.5 months along and this is my first time breeding. She's a Cob/TB cross that evented to prelim and is in foal to Checkmate. http://www.dreamscapefarm.com/HorseDetail.aspx?ID=565

So far it's been a bit of a rocky road with colic surgery in October but she's doing great and I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move the other day.

Maybe what we should do is make an FB page for first timers.

Argh! My foal fell through this year..... But I'm planning a breeding to wild dance with my new mare for this upcoming season! I hate having to wait a whole nuther year, but such is life! I'll be watching for your posts and updates though, so be thorough!

Well, not my first foal (we've had six so far), but the first one for my heart horse. Lacey is due Feb 21. My husband said if I'm not careful, he's going to start slipping me Xanax! Lacey is a maiden, but very motherly towards our other foals, so I'm not at all worried about her mothering ability. I worry about the delivery. I don't really have any reason to, except that she IS my heart horse. I thought really hard about breeding her. Not that I don't love our other mares, but I'd be absolutely, totally devastated if anything happens to her. So far, though, her pregnancy has gone text book perfect.

She's a TB and in foal to our TB stallion, Tiz Brian. We have four foals due this year. Two due in February and 2 due in May. All 4 are by Tiz Brian. For anyone familiar with TB racing nicks, three of the mares are A+ nicks, and Lacey is an A++ nick, so maybe we'll get lucky with their racing ability. (One of the main reasons we bought Tiz Brian is that he nicked so well with ALL of our race-bred broodmares.)

Sheila (who's husband will more than likely HAVE to start slipping her Xanax by the beginning of February!)
    Sheila Zeltt
    Chestnut Run Stable & Zeltt Racing Stable
    www.Zeltt.com
    Standing "Tiz Brian" at Stud, 16.1 h bay TB by Tiznow

I want to play! Am really, really tempted to buy a mare currently in foal. But then I remind myself that means in a few months I'd be paying board on three, which stifles the impulse - somewhat.

1 members found this post helpful.

Another first-timer here! My 10yo Irish Sport mare is due mid-March. So far, pregnancy has gone very well and she looks and feels great! When I am with her, I stare at that belly hoping to see baby move...but nothing yet. Getting so excited and know the time will go quickly. Tomorrow she moves to a fescue-free paddock area for the remainder of her pregnancy. There is so much helpful information in this forum and I have been reading like crazy. The only "downer" is that the sire is Redwine, and everything going on with his owner has taken some of the joy out of the whole experience.

My sister-in-law had a great idea, which was to take a picture of momma once a month to have a pictorial record of how her body changes. I thought this was a great idea and have shots from 3 months through 8 months. Almost time for the 9 month pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Hony View Post
    .... I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move the other day.
    I did also right around the 6.5 month mark! It was AM feeding time and as she was munching I was taking her blanket off when I noticed a slight "bulge" near her flanks and when I put my hand there it MOVED! Thought maybe I was just over thinking some gas.... lol. But it was way too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hony View Post
    Maybe what we should do is make an FB page for first timers.
    I think that's a BRILLIANT idea!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HorseKrazy View Post
    Argh! My foal fell through this year.....
    What?!? It was me thinking of you and your girl that made me start this thread...... I was hoping for good news. Well, better luck for next year. I'm so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestnut Run View Post
    I worry about the delivery. I don't really have any reason to, except that she IS my heart horse. I thought really hard about breeding her. ... So far, though, her pregnancy has gone text book perfect.
    Oh good God! I've been worried about my mare's delivery (she is my heart horse) so much that I actually had a dream last night that while she delivered a beautiful, healthy foal (I have vivid dreams-- dark bay colt with a snip and four socks).... she died immediately. I was just brushing it off as nerves because this is my first foal-- but if you've had SIX already...... We're in trouble! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorsecj View Post
    I want to play! Am really, really tempted to buy a mare currently in foal...
    Glad you've joined us! And do let us know if you buy this mare and wind up preparing to be on foal watch with us.....

Quote Originally Posted by Roisin View Post
    Another first-timer here!!
    Yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roisin View Post
    My sister-in-law had a great idea, which was to take a picture of momma once a month to have a pictorial record of how her body changes. I thought this was a great idea and have shots from 3 months through 8 months. Almost time for the 9 month pic!
    I was going to do that.... but then time just moved unbelievably fast and so here we are at 7 months! I did, however, get pictures of my girl today! Isn't it neat to watch?! We've been having some big winter storm our way but I do love it when the weather is nice enough I can take her blanket off and watch her waddle around her paddock with that big belly!

If anyone knows of how to start up a FB page, please do so! Would be so much easier to share pictures of our growing mares.... and later, newborns!

I want to play! Am really, really tempted to buy a mare currently in foal. But then I remind myself that means in a few months I'd be paying board on three, which stifles the impulse - somewhat.
    Not that I wish to enable you in any way, but most places don't charge board for a foal until weaning and there is a very nice mare in foal to Gatsby I happened to see on Dreamhorse for a very reasonable sum. Just sayin'

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Malone View Post
    Not that I wish to enable you in any way, but most places don't charge board for a foal until weaning and there is a very nice mare in foal to Gatsby I happened to see on Dreamhorse for a very reasonable sum. Just sayin'
    ahhhhhh, pretty!!! :-) now if only shipping wasn't so darn expensive!!

I'm expecting my first WB foal on April 18th! sire is Edward Scissorhands, and I'm very excited. this will be the 6th born here, and she is not a maiden, so altho not completely relaxed about it, I"m not feeling the need to walk around with my Xanax bottle in my pocket, LOL!

I suggest MareStare to all you newbies--- you can sign up for text alerts and will be able to watch many births, (both good and bad so be prepared) and have just a little better understanding of how it all works. Plus, there are MANY well experienced folks there who can and will talk you thru the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Malone View Post
    LOL sure, enable me, go right ahead. You are right about that...pretty mare, good price, arghh....

me me! i am waiting for my "first"

my Wolkentanz I mare is in foal to Weser Ems pony Manchester City for a late may foal.... we hit the 7 month mark this month.

i can hardly wait! crosses fingers but this will be my dressage dream horse

1 members found this post helpful.

...pretty mare, good price, arghh....
    What have you got to loose?! And Gatsby has awesome babies-- thanks to his incredible disposition (and I do mean incredible-- what finalized my decision in breeding my mare to him is I went up to see him in person and oh.my.gosh! Sweetest stallion EVER! You'd never guess he was a stud. He just closes his eyes in sweet bliss as you love on him!). I couldn't find the listing for the mare in foal for sale... but if you want any extra encouragement, I say LOOK INTO IT, at least!

Quote Originally Posted by gabby.gator View Post
    I'm expecting my first WB foal on April 18th! ....
    I suggest MareStare to all you newbies...
    Aha! So we could very well be on foal watch together.... at least there will be someone out there just as tired as me.... Haha! I will definitely look into Mare Stare-- thank you!!

Okay, so I did figure out how to make a FB group page.... any name ideas for this group??

I'm a first timer. I have two full siblings due in April (one in an ET mare).

The poor recip mare (Lil Nacho) has the look and belly of a lifetime brood mare, but Libby (the biological mom carrying baby #2) is just starting to get a belly. She had such a nice topline and muscle going into the pregnancy though.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

SOLUTION: Buy a baby in utero. Then you get to do all the waiting and nail biting - but you don't have the responsiblity of the mare after the baby is born.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    me me! i am waiting for my "first"

my Wolkentanz I mare is in foal to Weser Ems pony Manchester City for a late may foal.... we hit the 7 month mark this month.

i can hardly wait! crosses fingers but this will be my dressage dream horse
    That stallion is NICEEE!! I bet that is going to be a nice foal
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"