The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TB peeps, pedigree question?

Dear TB pedigree gurus,

Can anyone give insight into what this line might bring to the table for a sport horse? This is the dam's dam line of a specific horse, and while I'm familiar with the warmblood 3/4 I'm not familiar with the TB 1/4. Any information or insight would be appreciated.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/walkers+angel2

Thanks!
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

The pedigree is obviously incorrect! I doubt seriously if Swaps was ever bred to a wb mare and certainly was not around to cover a 2007 model!
    PennyG

Quote Originally Posted by TKR View Post
    The pedigree is obviously incorrect! I doubt seriously if Swaps was ever bred to a wb mare and certainly was not around to cover a 2007 model!
    PennyG

Oh yeah, I didn't even notice that! (I didn't construct this, I just found it online). Yes, that part is... not correct! OK, I fixed the link based on what I THINK is correct by looking at other TB databases....but at least this makes more sense - Bravura the older TB rather than Bravura the 2007 warmblood.

Any comments?

bump?

Here is what the Jockey Club thinks Walker's Angel's pedigree is:

http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pe...e=Walker's Angel&dam_name=Angel Flight&foaling_year=1979&nicking_stats_indicator=Y
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

The mare has a lovely sport horse pedigree. Khaled is a known progenitor of jumping horses and the mare is inbred 2 x 4 to him. Perhaps he gets his sport horse genes from The Tetrarch, who is seen way back in many pedigrees. It is unusual to see him this close up.

Walkers has Nasrullah close up (again unusual to see him in this position). Nasrullah probably got his jumping genes from Mahmoud who is very common in Sport Horse pedigrees (to find him easily, track back the gray gene. Either Mahmoud, or his sire, Belnheim, is the source of 99% of gray TBs of today). So, if you have a gray TB mare, she already has a Sport Horse influence through her gray ancestors. Since The Tetrarch is usually far back, his influence might have become diluted, but if it is there at all, it is good to see.

Rare Perfume (by Eight Thirty (also good to see)), when bred to Nasrullah produced Jaipur. Another strong Sport Horse sire.

If this mare is correct, good looking and athletic, she has every right to be successful as a Sport Horse broodmare.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Actually, Blenheim II was a bay. The grey gene in Mahmoud came through his damline back to The Tetrarch -- FYI.
    PennyG

My Bad. I meant Roi Herode. Can't think why Blenheim was on my mind.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Nasrullah didn't get anything from Mahmoud. They were cousins who shared the same granddam--IIRC. They both trace tail female to Mumtaz Mahal. Blenheim II is Mahmoud's sire and Nasrullah's damsire. I would suspect that much of their jump came from Blandford, the sire of Blenheim II. The Tetrarch in Mumtaz Mahal is also a good jump source.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire